• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Everyone is dumping their m&p ar22

Can you post a link if you find it about the reported failures? I've run hundreds and hundreds of rounds (not sure if it's in the thousands) through mine, almost exclusively suppressed, with zero cleaning (been too lazy, but I definitely need to clean it), with almost no issues at all. It's probably my most fun gun to shoot. I have nothing but praise for it. Not sure why people would be dumping them, and what they would use as an alternative. I've had a 10/22 but simply preferred the S&W 15-22 by a wide margin.

I've picked them up in the stores, nice but I just can't get past plastic buffer tube and other stuff, feels like a plastic toy, I know they shoot fine, but I opted for the Ruger SR22 rifle which is all metal and put the full top rail, magpul furniture, Bx Trigger, Nikon P22 with mounts, etc etc on it instead and spent way too much for a .22. One of those things that I got excited over and went all out and now a few years later I'm like meh, it's just a .22 and wish I would have gotten just a standard 10/22 synthetic stock and stainless barrel. Can't sell the decked out SR22 rifle tho as I would take a huge loss I'm sure... hindsight right?!

I have seen, firsthand, the malfunction listed in the second report. My brother-in-law has a MP-22 which we have both put a lot of rounds through. We started to notice that after 1K rounds or so that the trigger and sear pins were backing out slightly. Nothing tragic ever happened like an out of battery discharge but it would cause the hammer to misalign with the firing pin and the rifle wouldn't fire. To this day, he still has the pins come loose and has to keep an eye on them.

I haven't had a bit of trouble from mine except trying to keep it fed.
I would guess I got 2-K or more rounds through it, I mean after all that's kind of what its for, cheap shooting out of an AR platform. the lightweight and same operation as a regular AR is a benefit as a training rifle or for someone that wants to become familiar with the operation of the dreaded Black Rifle!
like most things someone can/will find a problem with pretty much anything, eventually.

I have one and love it - actually prefer it over all my other AR 22 platforms, mainly because of the magazines and how easy they are to load. But I have had ZERO issues or failures with mine. The only potential problems I see are common with all semi-auto 22's, and that's light loads or subsonic ammo not cycling in them. I currently have 2 15-22's and will be selling 1 of them soon to free up some funds; I'll try to remember to come back and throw in a link here when I do.

Back
Top Bottom