Ethanol Time Warp

With all of the technological advances we've seen in automobiles, it's kinda crazy that we haven't managed to increase mpg. Seems fishy.

Btw, **** ethanol and corn subsidies.

Yeah I don't understand all the hype behind the new 40mpg cars. My '95 accord gets about 36mpg on the highway and I paid $2500 for it.

Yeah I don't understand all the hype behind the new 40mpg cars. My '95 accord gets about 36mpg on the highway and I paid $2500 for it.

My parents had a 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sierra 4 cylinder that weighed as much as a tank, and we got 32-34 on vacations in the Rockies with it loaded down. Surely we can do a bit better than the new **Lookie here! 35 MPG!**

people are also demanding more power then is needed to drive around the cars, when a 4 cylinder if all they need they want a v6 turbo charged engine or a big powerful v8

It is fishy. They have motors overseas that get over 70mpg. They dont import them because of the crappy EPA.

A neighbor here has a VW polo that gets 70+ and has 250,000 miles on it.

Another guy I met here, who happens to be from Hays Kansas has a BMW diesel that will get 45mpg at 80mph on the autobahn all day. It's rediculous.

It is fishy. They have motors overseas that get over 70mpg. They dont import them because of the crappy EPA.

Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. An imperial gallon has 5 quarts in it. Also, I drive a 7.3 liter (444 cubic inches) Diesel that gets about 19 MPG around here and about 23 on the road. Big does not necessarily mean inefficient.

A neighbor here has a VW polo that gets 70+ and has 250,000 miles on it.

Another guy I met here, who happens to be from Hays Kansas has a BMW diesel that will get 45mpg at 80mph on the autobahn all day. It's rediculous.

yeah. I think they do it so that we USE more gas. If you have cars that get 70 miles a gallon... you lose a LOT of tax money.

Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. An imperial gallon has 5 quarts in it. Also, I drive a 7.3 liter (444 cubic inches) Diesel that gets about 19 MPG around here and about 23 on the road. Big does not necessarily mean inefficient.

no they have motors that get 70 MILES per gallon. Im aware of the metric system. Ill take a car that gets 70mpg over a car that will do 150mph all day. Im sure the 70mpg car will get to 90mph soon enough. Im ok with that.

Just think for a minute how much money the government stands to lose.
If everyone had a vehicle that got 50-70 mpg, their tax revenue on fuel would be cut in half.
That's why they are very slow about increasing any fuel mileage regulations.

Back
Top Bottom