• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Estate sale score on the down low.

Funny thing is I didn’t know jack squat about any of those firearms as I’m not a collector or conneseur of the older stuff.
All I know is that the M1 carbine was desirable.
I thought the luger set up was the weirdest thing I ever saw and figured i’m getting a nice score but had no idea how nice until my nephew that collects this stuff saw it and just about went into v-tac when he realized what I had.
I sold it all to my nephew for exactly what I paid for it and it’s all part of his collection now.
He deserves and appreciates it more than I will.
I think it ended up in the right hands.
. Hey man, would you like another Nephew?

View attachment 3210911 View attachment 3210912 View attachment 3210913 View attachment 3210915 Visited an estate sale.
A pretty hot Daughter noticed that I was looking at the tools and all the guy stuff and asked me if I might be interested in some of the not displayed items in one of the back rooms.
I didnt know what to make of that comment so I followed her with curious apprehension.
She opened up an old wooden crate and said her Grandfather had these items for years but nobody in the family wanted guns and this sale
would be private and separate than the estate sale.
So I was able to score a numbers matching 1916 Artillery Luger with a 32 rd drum mag and stock , perfect condition.
1941 Russian Tula SVT-40 In 7.62x54 and a 1942 M1 Carbine Made by Underwood in30-30....correction 30 carbine.
$400 for everything.

I told her I wasn’t a collector but since the guns looked pretty cool Id go ahead and give her the asking price.

She was really
happy and said she held onto them to make sure the right person came along and she just knew I was the right guy.

All I can say is Holy Moly.!!!
Congratulations on a sweet deal Comanche. Just goes to show you there are deals to be found, and you never know what you’ll find out there. It was also good that family (apparently) didn’t hire an estate auction company to do everything, or those guns would have been long gone.

“Visited an estate sale. A pretty hot Daughter noticed that I was looking at the tools and all the guy stuff and asked me if I might be interested in some of the not displayed items in one of the back rooms. I didnt know what to make of that comment so I followed her with curious apprehension.”

is it just me, or did anyone else think this sounded like the beginning of a Penthouse forum letter?

Yeah, story didn't go like I was anticipating.

Just another gun story, yawn.

Back
Top Bottom