• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

esee izula. its ok, why it so great?

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
got one to see what all the hype was about. gotta admit, its a sharp and easy to use knife.......but why does it cost 60 something dollars?

firstly, i dont see it as more practical or better than a folder. i like that you can customize it, and it looks cool, but to me it represents the epitome of neckbeard gear.

another thing is i found the powder coating job to be kinda sloppy. found marks on the handle where it was left drying.

also the sheath, that thing is ****ing scary and unless you wanna cut yourself you gotta commit to pulling it out, at least before its broken in. i have no idea why ESEE did not create a sheath that relied on a pressure release from a thumb (could be easy to do, im thinking about making one for my knife) rather than just tension.

also, 1095 steel......not sure if its superior to vg-10 or 154cm or s30v, but then again im not an expert so what do i know.

to recap, i like it. its neat, stupid strong, and is sharp, but as an edc i dont see how it even comes close to beating a spyderco or benchmade

if this was 30 bucks, id say it would be a hell of a buy. but at 55+ its just outside of my value range

got one to see what all the hype was about. gotta admit, its a sharp and easy to use knife.......but why does it cost 60 something dollars?

firstly, i dont see it as more practical or better than a folder. i like that you can customize it, and it looks cool, but to me it represents the epitome of neckbeard gear.

another thing is i found the powder coating job to be kinda sloppy. found marks on the handle where it was left drying.

also the sheath, that thing is ****ing scary and unless you wanna cut yourself you gotta commit to pulling it out, at least before its broken in. i have no idea why ESEE did not create a sheath that relied on a pressure release from a thumb (could be easy to do, im thinking about making one for my knife) rather than just tension.

also, 1095 steel......not sure if its superior to vg-10 or 154cm or s30v, but then again im not an expert so what do i know.

to recap, i like it. its neat, stupid strong, and is sharp, but as an edc i dont see how it even comes close to beating a spyderco or benchmade

if this was 30 bucks, id say it would be a hell of a buy. but at 55+ its just outside of my value range

I feel the same way. Had to get a few to see what all the fuss was about. They are gone now as i just have a few others I use more often and are more practical for my applications. Kind of like Glocks for me.

In for answers and opinions. I've looked at several on here and other places. I honestly figured they would retail closer to a hundred.

Oh and what the hell are neckbeards? Is that spit cup overalls 22 flippers or is it prayer rug pedophile Alah Ahkbar types?

In for answers and opinions. I've looked at several on here and other places. I honestly figured they would retail closer to a hundred.

Oh and what the hell are neckbeards? Is that spit cup overalls 22 flippers or is it prayer rug pedophile Alah Ahkbar types?

IMG_0342.PNG

American made, no questions asked lifetime warranty, quality materials.

It's not some benchmark of knife history, it's just a solid piece that won't let you down.
no doubt, its a solid knife but given the price point i dont know why anyone would choose this over a folder

but thats just me

no doubt, its a solid knife but given the price point i dont know why anyone would choose this over a folder

but thats just me

Yeah, I've never found a practical way to EDC a fixed blade knife that was comfortable and appropriate for the workplace, etc. Given the choice between the two, I definitely go folder.

Back
Top Bottom