Equipment check and suggestions

I went thru the single stage vs 4 hole turret ..and my thinking was... I can take out the index rod and just juse my lee classic 4 hole turret press as single stage if I want to, so went with the Lee Classic Turret. the cost difference is negligible, in my opinion and there's really no downside.

I've got 3 presses set up, a rcbs, a lee, and a Dillon.

A single stage in the rcbs, the lee is a progressive 1000 and the Dillon is a square deal b.

You don't have to take it apart each time....get it set up, once it's set is not going to change unless you change it.

As I said in my response to the OP, the Max Cartridge Gage is a "useful" item. By no means was I inferring that it is a "required" item. The OP asked for suggestions and I advised him what works good for me. I have used the barrel method before and there is nothing wrong with it, but I use one press to load multiple pistol calibers and I verify the tolerances and cartridge length not only when I set up but several times during the reloading process. Personally, when I get ready to load a particular caliber I don't want to field strip my auto loader, take the barrel to my shop for the reloading session, bring it back in when finished and put the pistol back together again. Neighbor, we are not talking about a major investment here. The cost for having the convenience of having a cartridge length gauge is miniscule when compared to some of the other tools and accessories we buy. To each his on.

I went thru the single stage vs 4 hole turret ..and my thinking was... I can take out the index rod and just juse my lee classic 4 hole turret press as single stage if I want to, so went with the Lee Classic Turret. the cost difference is negligible, in my opinion and there's really no downside.

A decision that you will live to have no regrets in making!
The Lee Classic 4-Hole Turret Press is the best buying decision that I ever made
in my 40+ Years of reloading experience ....

For good prices on Lee Reloading Presses / Dies, etc. Look at these guys:

http://www.titanreloading.com/

http://FSReloading.com

Just be prepared for some stuff to be "back ordered" as stocks sometimes run low!

Check out midsouth they are a awesome deal on the lee 4 hole turret press kit priced 184 can't pass that up... I love the setup as it is what I'm using and still getting the feel for it all

takes just a second or two but the best way to check a 9mm, for sure

Reloads that will chamber in one barrel may not chamber in other barrels. Seen it happen more than once. The maximum cartridge length gauge guarantees that your reloaded round is within SAAMI specifications while the barrel check method is dependable only for that specific barrel.

Lyman and Wilson both sell Cartridge Case Gauges in specific calibers ... Both produce a very good product (except for Lyman's 5.56 that does NOT meet specifications) that allows you to quickly determine whether (or not) a case meets SAAMI Specifications ,,, Also ECW (?) makes loading block that serve the same purpose for high volume reloaders.

thanks guys, got all my supplies ordered except for bullets, powder and primer. I am having a hard time finding w231 or Universal and small pistol primers in my area. If anyone knows where they are in stock in roswell/alpharetta/atlanta area please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom