• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Engraving sbr

Cgsanders

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
123   0
Reaction score
Anyone know of anyone local ( near the Dallas, GA area) that can do the engraving on my sbr. I can't seem to duping anyone that can do this locally Just need my The basics to cover me making the sbr. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Nope ... YOU are the builder not the engraver they don't need anything special in terms of licensing to do it. Also until you mate it to an upper it isn't technically an SBR even if you have the tax stamp back. As long as the engraver is not in possession of any parts that would make it an SBR (a short upper) you do not have to stay and look over his shoulder. If you strike out terribly I have a guy in Cumming that does it.

Pretty sure they have to have an FFL.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies. I was actually able to get it done locally at a jewelry store. Big props to Prestiage Jewelry in Downtown Hiram. I had a smith from Roswell that said he would do yet would never get back with me. Big frown to him and it sucks because he actually comes onto this site.

Any way you can post a pic of the final product? I had mine done by Orion Arms and had to ship it to them. I'd gladly pay to have it done locally if price was comparable to avoid the wait.

I'm out of town right now but let me take a picture of it and send it to you when I get back. It's nothing fancy but does the trick just fine. Couldn't believe the cost. They charged me 10 dollars (told me 20) but said it was so easy that it would just be 10. They did it while I waited. Again big ups to them. I WILL use them again!

Back
Top Bottom