• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

End of an Era, a loss for America

I think we let too many of our heroes pass without realizing just what we are losing. These are the guys that went to war, some voluntarily, some drafted, but all there to preserve our freedom. They rebuilt our Country, bringing it out of a Depression and into a boom that was the envy of the world. We have let them down, letting this government degrade our great Country and now attempting to destroy our values. We owe to all the Johnny Shooks to restore our County to what it was and can be. Rest in Peace Mr. Shook, we are now on duty.

A little hard for me to type right now, my Buddy, my Pal an American Vet, John "Johnny" Shook, just died an hour ago, he was 97. John was a Waist Gunner on a B29 in WW2, when we met several years ago, it was an instant friendship, two old Vets from Different Wars, but a Love for America and what it stands for. I saw John over the weekend, he was down to about 100lbs, he told me he wanted to die, his Wife of many years and passed about 3 years ago in Dec almost on this date and John felt he just couldn't go on. When I last saw him, he squeezed my hand and told me how much I meant to him, but his age, his bout with cancer and loss of his wife was just too much for him, he even whisper in my ear, "Is there anyway you can just shoot me now and make it quick?" There's a lot of sadness in my heart tonight, a small piece of our history is gone and I can't think of anyone to replace him. I hope his wife is there waiting for John and I hope he's there waiting for me when it's my turn. I love ya, Johnny, but my heart is broken tonight RIP Old man..
Sorry for your loss.This is a loss for America a true Hero.God Speed Johnny.Salute to the greatest generation.

YOU replace him.
I lost a very dear older friend like your friend John. When he was getting ready to die I visited him one last time in hospice and we were talking and I told him I was gonna miss him.
I would have no older respected person in my life to look up to and visit with.

He simply said “It’s your turn now”..seek out young folks and Befriend them. You will now become me.
Well said

Back
Top Bottom