• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

End of an Era, a loss for America

Targetmaster

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
228   0
Reaction score
A little hard for me to type right now, my Buddy, my Pal an American Vet, John "Johnny" Shook, just died an hour ago, he was 97. John was a Waist Gunner on a B29 in WW2, when we met several years ago, it was an instant friendship, two old Vets from Different Wars, but a Love for America and what it stands for. I saw John over the weekend, he was down to about 100lbs, he told me he wanted to die, his Wife of many years and passed about 3 years ago in Dec almost on this date and John felt he just couldn't go on. When I last saw him, he squeezed my hand and told me how much I meant to him, but his age, his bout with cancer and loss of his wife was just too much for him, he even whisper in my ear, "Is there anyway you can just shoot me now and make it quick?" There's a lot of sadness in my heart tonight, a small piece of our history is gone and I can't think of anyone to replace him. I hope his wife is there waiting for John and I hope he's there waiting for me when it's my turn. I love ya, Johnny, but my heart is broken tonight RIP Old man..

Attachments

• john 1.JPG
    john 1.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 193
  • john shook.jpg
    john shook.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 184
Back
Top Bottom