• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Elite Energy 32

Trout Slayer

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
10   0
Reaction score
Has anyone else shot one of these? I went to my local sporting goods store to purchase a brand new Bowtech Experience today and I asked to shoot it one more time before I put my money on the table. After shooting the Bowtech I was ready to purchase and the bow guy said, "have you ever shot an Elite?" I replied, "no, but I've shot just about everything else you guys have in here."
Total monkey wrench went into my plans. The Energy 32 has just as smooth a draw cycle, an even better let off and wall, and has darn near zero post shot vibration. I was blown away. It made the Experience feel like its draw was heavier and the let off was a ton of effort. The Experience has an amazing draw cycle and let off compared to everything else I had shot...until I shot the Energy.
So I left with nothing in my hand and cash in my wallet. I'm gonna go back and get the Energy when they have one in stock that is the color I want. Holy crap it was awesome.
I've heard lots of great things about Obsession bows but I've yet to shoot one. My local shop doesn't have any and I'm very partial to supporting my local businesses. I'd still be interested in shooting the Obsession but it would have to feel like butter to better the Elite Energy 32 I shot today.
So does anyone here have any 2013 or 2014 Energy 32 info? I'd be interested to hear about other folks's experience with it and tuning it. The warranty and hunt guarantee that Elite has makes it even better but personal experience would be interesting to hear.

Thanks guys.

As you know from some of my post I don't name drop but know several guys in the hunting TV industry and all are sponsored by Mathews, at a recent ATA show they shot the new elites and loved them, in fact if it was not for sponsorship obligations they would shoot the elite instead....

I told them just put Mathews stickers on an elite and hunt with it...lol

or just use the Mathews for cut away shots..lol

non typical archery off 140 is a dealer for obsession bows and can order them..

NonTypical Archery
Randy Cooper

Last edited:
Sweet. I've gone ahead and committed to the Energy 32. The guys at my local shop are top notch and have really helped me learn the whole compound bow thing. I've been hunting with a longbow for 4 years and this is my first year hunting with a compound...and I'm hooked. Hahaha

I shot a few of the Mathews models...while they were nice none of them felt awesome to me. I'm excited to get the Elite ASAP for late season!!

I had the bowtech experience and it was an awesome bow. I hear the elites are nice but lack in speed. But the experience was shooting over its ibo speed.

Anything over 300 feet per second is plenty fast enough. I agree that speed is over rated on some of the bows. When some of the bows are marketed on their speed alone it makes me wonder what they are lacking.
I was sold on a bowtech experience until I shot the Elite Energy. Not much speed difference in those two in my draw length and 70# set up. The elite is slower but the draw is slightly smoother. Biggest difference to me was the let off, back wall, release, and it seriously is dead in you hand post shot. The elite got my money but if I hadn't shot one I would have purchase the bowtech above all the others.

Back
Top Bottom