• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Elininating slop in an AR with a high shelf lower?

Thanks, guys, for the replies. I decided to do what Clarence suggested. I put the AR on it's upper, removed the takedown pin, and squirted a couple of generous tablespoons of JB Weld through the hole. I then replaced the pin, and swung the gun around in circles over my head, creating a nice even coat over the whole surface. Now it's tight as a tick, so thanks a lot! :p

I think I'm going to let it ride...I'll pretend it's supposed to be loose, like a GI 1911.

Thanks, guys, for the replies. I decided to do what Clarence suggested. I put the AR on it's upper, removed the takedown pin, and squirted a couple of generous tablespoons of JB Weld through the hole. I then replaced the pin, and swung the gun around in circles over my head, creating a nice even coat over the whole surface. Now it's tight as a tick, so thanks a lot! :pI think I'm going to let it ride...I'll pretend it's supposed to be loose, like a GI 1911.
It is supposed to be loose and it does nothing for accuracy one way or the other. I hate tight guns that require a tool to push a pin.

I don't want it that tight...just not sloppy. No doubt I'll get used to it in time, so I guess it's not a biggie.

Back
Top Bottom