• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Elininating slop in an AR with a high shelf lower?

Gimli2

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
33   0
Reaction score
I have an AR with a little play between the upper and lower. I'm perfectly willing to believe that the play falls within a normal range, but it still bugs me. Unfortunately, the lower is a high shelf and won't take an unbutchered Accuwedge. Anyone have some tricks in how to tighten it up a little? Thanks!

I have an AR with a little play between the upper and lower. I'm perfectly willing to believe that the play falls within a normal range, but it still bugs me. Unfortunately, the lower is a high shelf and won't take an unbutchered Accuwedge. Anyone have some tricks in how to tighten it up a little? Thanks!

A little jb weld will do the trick. Use a little shoe polish on one side to keep from sticking the two together.

Ok .....

Take some modeling clay and build a dam on the inside edge of the upper all the way around the edge so no jb weld will work is way too the inside of the upper and will only be on the mating edge. On the lower, coat the mating edge with some shoe polish so the jb weld won't stick to it. Turn the upper upside down and put a little bit of jb weld on the edge......Then mate the lower to it and let it dry....when dry, separate. The jb weld will close the gap between the two and now will no longer wiggle.

I know you did man, and it would have been funny too. My bad. Perhaps you should tell him what a great job dot3 brake fluid does polishing up the paint on his car. :rolleyes:

I've actually jb'd a few of my guns....works as good as any of the other shot out there for bedding rifles. It's cheaper that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom