• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Electric lawn mowers?

I admit that I have a ryobi 18 volt it’s only a 13” cut but I got it to mow grass at pool inside fence and it’s been great for that. Had 2 years. I still and probably always will have my zero turn for every thing else

a used gas mower from a garage sale for $75 will outperform the top of the line electric mower, that said electric is quieter and cleaner (though charged with electricity from coal fired power plants)

I would think most buyers who look at the stats and facts and still opt for electric are doing so for some political image reasons or to seem more liberal and "green" or "woke" etc

battery operated hedge trimmers, edgers and string trimmers have reached a point where they are practical due to their low power draw and long operating time from a small battery, but lawnmowers with their high draw drain the largest batteries quickly

Back in the 80's i had a neighbor with an electric push mower with a really long extension cord, worked great until he mowed over the cord

someday lithium battery technology will catch up and they will overcome the spontaneous fire tendencies and they will be a safe viable alternative, but we are not there yet
I'm considering the EGO mower. We have about .1 acre of land that we mow (rest is woods). I really like the prospect of never messing with oil, filters, buying gas. It's amazing that they fold upright and store against the wall, no fluids. Push button start.

Not interested in electric, sounds like a money pit like everything else these days. My gas mower has been running well since 1986. Try to get that kind of service out of a new anything these days

Have the ryobi. Yard is about 100yds long and 50ft wide. Im able to finish it just before the battery runs out. Blade steel sucks and gets dings from sticks. Charge time takes a while and its really annoying to have to wait over an hour to finish a little corner of the yard.

However, its quiet, no gas hassle, light and turns on every time and has good power. Its a good mower just not a $300 mower IMO

I'm considering the EGO mower. We have about .1 acre of land that we mow (rest is woods). I really like the prospect of never messing with oil, filters, buying gas. It's amazing that they fold upright and store against the wall, no fluids. Push button start.
EGO products are really well built and have a good warranty on the battery. My yard is too big for a electric mower so I will continue to use my zero turn for that. My next purchase will be an EGO blower and probably their chainsaw. As I said before the power spooling head is amazing. Just cut the cord to length, feed it through one side, match up the ends and push a button. Whole operation takes about 30 seconds. The small 2.5AH battery for the trimmer lasts about 30-40 mins, which is plenty for my property.

I have an EGO non-self propelled that I would let go at a good price, we have a lawn guy now so I don't have a need for it.

Back
Top Bottom