• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

echo gt225 won't start

I bought the Worx 40 volt string trimmer from Amazon and saved $20. I like the flexibility of this unit. I ran it for the 1st time and had no issues and still had battery left.

x2 on electric. I bought the Ryobi last year and love it. I can do the whole yard on one battery. Biggest plus...wife can weed eat when I don't have time, since she always had trouble starting the gas weed eater.:cool:

Just curious,,,, real curious. How long does the Ryobi battery last between charges, and does it by chance come with two batteries? The reason i am asking is that it takes me right at 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours to weed eat everything on average. I would love to go to a cordless electric if i knew it would do the job without having to stop and recharge the battery / batteries.

Just curious,,,, real curious. How long does the Ryobi battery last between charges, and does it by chance come with two batteries? The reason i am asking is that it takes me right at 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours to weed eat everything on average. I would love to go to a cordless electric if i knew it would do the job without having to stop and recharge the battery / batteries.

Electric units vary on how long they last based on the usage. My Worx has 3 speed setting and some of the yard I cut on speed 2 and some on speed 3. I still had half a battery after 30 minutes. Most chargers will charge the battery from 60 to 90 minutes. If you had 2 completely charged batteries using the Ryobi unit, you should be able to run it for 2 hours and have to charge one of the batteries based on the reviews I read. The only issue with the spare battery for just about any electric unit is the cost. Generally, $99 for a new battery and is consistent across most manufacturers.

Yeah I can buy a new Milwaukee 18 volt cordless drill with two batteries and charger for just a little more than I can get a single new battery.

I bought and installed the fuel line kit... no dice. The bulb still has suction going on. I'm glad Echo got some more money out of me for the parts kit tho. :rolleyes:

I bought and installed the fuel line kit... no dice. The bulb still has suction going on. I'm glad Echo got some more money out of me for the parts kit tho. :rolleyes:
Spend 15 bucks and put a carb kit in it. Or spend 30 for a new carb. It's easy to tell if the lines were the problem. They will be tacky and stick together if you squeeze them with your finger.

Specs day 90 minutes on a charge. I've used it for 45 and had half of the battery still charged. I try not to run long on 25% or less on any of my lithium stuff. I'll weed eat first then let the battery charge before edging.

Back
Top Bottom