• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EAT it Fascists! BATF says no M855 ban.

I guess I'm a pessimist, but all I read in this article is that they're going to read opinions before making a decision. They're still taking comments until 3/16 so the article is just confirming that they are looking at the opinions, something that shouldn't need to be stated anyway.

The below linked article gives a little more clarity. It does look like they are backing off, but they are trying to save face by still bringing up the comment period and the potential for further evaluation. Legally, just like 41p as originally written, this didn't stand a chance.

"Accordingly, ATF will not at this time seek to issue a final framework. After the close of the comment period, ATF will process the comments received, further evaluate the issues raised therein, and provide additional open and transparent process (for example, through additional proposals and opportunities for comment) before proceeding with any framework."

The below linked article gives a little more clarity. It does look like they are backing off, but they are trying to save face by still bringing up the comment period and the potential for further evaluation. Legally, just like 41p as originally written, this didn't stand a chance.

"Accordingly, ATF will not at this time seek to issue a final framework. After the close of the comment period, ATF will process the comments received, further evaluate the issues raised therein, and provide additional open and transparent process (for example, through additional proposals and opportunities for comment) before proceeding with any framework."

What's funny is why do they have to issue a "final framework"? They brought it up. Hopefully they "evaluate" this issue forever.

What's funny is why do they have to issue a "final framework"? They brought it up. Hopefully they "evaluate" this issue forever.
what is really funny is that we are paying these dildos with taxpayer money to try and interpret the law in order to **** us (taxpayers) in any way they can

wait, that isnt funny.....its just very sad

Reactions: MRH
I think people are getting too excited about this:

The ATF said in a statement on Tuesday it would not seek to issue final guidelines "at this time." The agency said it will instead wait until Americans have finished commenting on the federal regulations and evaluate their comments and suggestions before "proceeding with any framework."

I guess I'm a pessimist, but all I read in this article is that they're going to read opinions before making a decision. They're still taking comments until 3/16 so the article is just confirming that they are looking at the opinions, something that shouldn't need to be stated anyway.

Just my opinion. I think them calling this off BEFORE the comment period even ended speaks volumes. With 41P they didn't do that they just let the entire time run out and then said they going to address the comments. They didn't expect this kind of response and I dont see them touching it now or later.

Legally in regards to what? A published regulation? You know that they wrote the requirements and are perfectly free to change it right? Agency law is its own separate legal subject.

Back
Top Bottom