• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dude!

I’d assume those African safari guides don’t to much like this. Of their governments either. That’s big money that nobody is gonna pay anymore. As the article says if the wildlife has no value no reason in keeping the habitat intact. Same as here.

I see your point, I hunt for food could care less about horns. And view guided hunts and out of state hunting for trophy's as a giant waste of money, but that's my opinion, yours is different and that is ok. We cant all think the same, and opinions are like assholes we all got em and most of them stink.
I am with you on the guided hunts and money, and I am also not necessarily a trophy hunter. I prefer to draw a tag and DIY it on public land not looking for the largest horns just want to fill the tag for meat, but if you draw a buck/bull tag horns come with the territory. If I strike out it is on me and I didn't completely waste my money because I went on a cool trip somewhere new and learned a lot for next time. Duck hunts are the exception, but aren't near as expensive as big game guided hunts.

I’d assume those African safari guides don’t to much like this. Of their governments either. That’s big money that nobody is gonna pay anymore. As the article says if the wildlife has no value no reason in keeping the habitat intact. Same as here.
I could be wrong, but I believe you can not bring any meat home from Africa, I think it all gets donated to the locals.

I enjoy a couple of trips out of state every year. Alabama, Kentucky, Indiana. Just like seeing new ground though 90% of my hunting is here in GA. I doubt this idea will get much traction because it would seem they would have to apply it to domestic meat also to be fair. Crazy ideas out there amongst the tree hugging do-gooders.

Back
Top Bottom