• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Duck Shoes

If you prefer the rough look, you may need to look for an LE if they are still around. The three CR's I have seen all had a smoother finish.
I like having both.

I don’t prefer or turn my nose up at an external barrel finish......I just don’t care. What I do care about is the barrel extension, feed ramps, chamber, bore, gas journal/port, threads, and crown.......although I can fix most of that it needs be.

I’m not in the market for a $1250 Colt 6920. That is a great carbine at that price, for folks that are paying retail and can’t build their own. I get dealer pricing on most parts and can build a better AR for less money. I realize that ain’t an option for everyone.

That's super. How much would it cost approximately to you to make a 6920 with all original parts?

You want an exact copy of a 6920, with its deficiencies intact, using Colt/Colt sourced parts?

Do you want me to build you one, or are you just curious?

That's super. How much would it cost approximately to you to make a 6920 with all original parts?

Also, I believe you missed what I was saying. You can build a comparable or better AR for the same or less money, not necessarily a copy. There are areas of the 6920 that can be improved upon, which is one of the benefits of being able to build your own.

The didn't end manufacturing, they stopped civilian sales due to a huge government contract they had to fill.
ok, but the civi guns and the gov contract guns arent the same right? i read that colt intentionally kept these two lines very distinct?

and did CZ not buy them after they went bankrupt? conflicting info out there

You want an exact copy of a 6920, with its deficiencies intact, using Colt/Colt sourced parts?

Do you want me to build you one, or are you just curious?
Just curious, and I understand from the other post what you said about building a similar but better one, but I am curious about exactly the same 6920 with all original Colt parts.

I know this totally is subjective and silly, but its like when people tell me the FDE SCAR is better/accurate than the black. The LE is a overall better gun than the CR. The CR lacks accuracy, reliability, and is less collector worthy than the LE. :victorious::victorious: LE>:boink:<CR LE>:boink:<CR

Just curious, and I understand from the other post what you said about building a similar but better one, but I am curious about exactly the same 6920 with all original Colt parts.

I have all the parts on hand to duplicate a 6920......as a matter of fact, most of the parts I would use came off of 6920’s that I rebuilt/upgraded for folks. If I were building it for me, I’d have no more than $800-ish in it. That’s using parts I traded for, or bought at cost, and almost every part was obtained before the current craziness.

ok, but the civi guns and the gov contract guns arent the same right? i read that colt intentionally kept these two lines very distinct?

and did CZ not buy them after they went bankrupt? conflicting info out there

They aren’t assembled on the same line, but there is no difference in the majority of the parts.

Yes, CZ bought Colt. While I hate to see an iconic American brand bought by a foreign company, I think this will mean good things for Colt and the folks that buy their stuff.

Back
Top Bottom