Dollar General has 20% off for all active and former Veterans this weekend.

As opposed to active duty. If you want to be technical, active duty is not a veteran.

But, as far as DG goes, everyone gets the discount.

Yeah, I was just ribbing ya.

But, since my inquiry seems to have breezed by your head; to me, there is active duty and there are veterans (who I suppose could also be referred to as former active duty).

If somebody were to refer to me as a former veteran, I'd ask them what happened and why was I no longer a veteran...

The phrase "former veteran" doesn't really make sense. Unless maybe you would use it to refer to dead people who were once active duty, then veterans, then dead...

But once again, just poking fun at you.

Yeah, I was just ribbing ya.

But, since my inquiry seems to have breezed by your head; to me, there is active duty and there are veterans (who I suppose could also be referred to as former active duty).

If somebody were to refer to me as a former veteran, I'd ask them what happened and why was I no longer a veteran...

The phrase "former veteran" doesn't really make sense. Unless maybe you would use it to refer to dead people who were once active duty, then veterans, then dead...

But once again, just poking fun at you.

What I find offensive is the places that offer retired and active duty only in their specials.

I guess the millions of folks that served but didn't get that 20 year ticket punched don't count. The guys that were drafted served their time and moved on as well as many more. No disrespect to the lifers.

DG doesn't do this and was what I was trying to say, I knew you were funnin me.

BTW, did you know DG has a full blown grocery? It is called Dollar General Market.

Back
Top Bottom