• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Doge coin crypto

As the dollar folds crypto wins. Have you looked I to doge coin? What are your thoughts?
Let me rephrase that
Dumping thousands into Bitcoin and Ethereum
Hundreds into alt coins like doge...
main portfolio is stocks though but I want to have a little skin in the game in crypto ... I want to have $50k in crypto

When the $1400 free money checks start going out, I suspect that Bitcoin will spike back up to $40k, possibly even higher as new inexperienced traders dream of getting rich (only to be dashed by big, experienced money now that institutions are pumping crypto).

Agreed. But I also think this is the last year the average "retail" investor will have any reasonable chance of getting into Bitcoin especially when you have the likes of Grayscale buying up 18x the amount of Bitcoin that can be mined in a month.

Agreed. But I also think this is the last year the average "retail" investor will have any reasonable chance of getting into Bitcoin especially when you have the likes of Grayscale buying up 18x the amount of Bitcoin that can be mined in a month.
Banks are even trying to get their grubby hands on Bitcoin

I just seem to remember hearing about it that way...

From Wikipedia...

"Dogecoin started its initial coin production schedule with 100 billion coins in circulation. By mid-2015 the 100 billionth Dogecoin had been mined with an additional 5 billion coins put into circulation every year thereafter.

There is currently no implemented hard cap on the total supply of Dogecoins. Initially, Dogecoin had a supply limit of 100 billion coins, which would already have been far more coins than the top digital currencies were allowing.

Nonetheless, in February 2014, Dogecoin founder Jackson Palmer announced that the limit would be removed in an effort to create a consistent reduction of its inflation-rate over time."

The way I read that is that the number of coins will continually expand to keep the value of each individual coin down. Pretty much the opposite of BitCoin where coins become rarer and harder to mine over time, increasing their value.

I just seem to remember hearing about it that way...

From Wikipedia...

"Dogecoin started its initial coin production schedule with 100 billion coins in circulation. By mid-2015 the 100 billionth Dogecoin had been mined with an additional 5 billion coins put into circulation every year thereafter.

There is currently no implemented hard cap on the total supply of Dogecoins. Initially, Dogecoin had a supply limit of 100 billion coins, which would already have been far more coins than the top digital currencies were allowing.

Nonetheless, in February 2014, Dogecoin founder Jackson Palmer announced that the limit would be removed in an effort to create a consistent reduction of its inflation-rate over time."

The way I read that is that the number of coins will continually expand to keep the value of each individual coin down. Pretty much the opposite of BitCoin where coins become rarer and harder to mine over time, increasing their value.

This is so tons of people can get "rich" it gives people willing to work for it the ability to have huge gains. They can then I turn sell thier coins at an instead price which in theory raises the price of each coin. It's like the dollar it will endure inflation but not before tons of people get wealthy and then sell it off and collapse it. That's why I like it. They are putting a odd spin on crypto I think it will take off.

There is money to be made here and years and years before it collapses.

This is so tons of people can get "rich" it gives people willing to work for it the ability to have huge gains. They can then I turn sell thier coins at an instead price which in theory raises the price of each coin. It's like the dollar it will endure inflation but not before tons of people get wealthy and then sell it off and collapse it. That's why I like it. They are putting a odd spin on crypto I think it will take off.

There is money to be made here and years and years before it collapses.

It's very different from the model of almost all the other cryptos, that's for sure. Funny thing is, like you say, it's almost exactly the model the US dollar is operating on right now.

Back
Top Bottom