• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does brown liquor make you moody?

I hear ya, spent about $6-8,000 for it, met some really cool guys/gals from all walks of life. Doctors, pilots, nurses, teachers,housewives, tatted up 1%s Hell Angels, meth head wife two kids, scary ass looking mofo, but the damn heart of a teddy bear, saw that dude tear up and gave the big son of a ***** a hug. Rehab gave me perspective, i sill drink, I was more of a situational drunk. Figured the easiest way to deal with the pain of divorce was to drink it away. Two lost jobs because of severe dependency on booze well that gives you perspective as well.

Not quite 2 months after my first wife shot herself I rolled a rented Cavalier and crawled out the back window as it sat upside down next to some gas pumps. It was after midnight but SOMEONE had already called 911. I went to the Houston Co jail. My attorney at the time had me released but I had to go IMMADIATELY to Coliseum Psych Rehab. Oh, did I mention I had finished a fifth of Chivas Regal that night. And I got to pay for the rehab myself. But it was a joke. I was in on a Friday afternoon and released on a Sunday afternoon. Pretty much drive by rehab. I just felt bad for the guy that checked in the same day as me. He was a roofer or a framer. And I remember hearing him tell the staff. " This --- damned crack is gonna kill me." They turned him out on the following Sunday too. They told us both to report back for a weeks worth of the day program.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I've been known to show my ass real good when I drink Wild Turkey. So when I do drink brown liquor I like to stick with the Irish like Jameson's or Bushmill's. I guess it's a light brown.

Oh man. I am not allowed to have brown liq. I get a lil cray.

LOL, when I used to drink, I stayed away from Tequila/Scotch/Whiskey; brown stuff made me a mean drunk (Yeah, even more of a dick that I already am :D )

I prefered clear stuff, less hangover (& always hydrated with at least 2 liters of H2O & some aleve before rack-time), rarely a hang-over, but that's just me :noidea:

Read somewhere that dark liquors have 37 times more toxic compounds than vodka does, not sure if true.

Back
Top Bottom