• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you think marijuana will be legalized nationwide? If so, how long will it take?

medical marijuana is legal in Georgia. The biggest obstacle for patients remains how they'll obtain the oil. It's illegal to cultivate marijuana in Georgia, which means families have to trek to Colorado and other states that have legalized the drug for medical purposes. That makes travel a tricky prospect, since most states, as well as the federal government, make possessing the drug a crime.

The pot heads just sit around and talk about what dey gonna do. Don't do nuthin. On the other hand, the meth heads and crack smokers are busy as all get out. Ask any police officer.

So I was watching a show on the history channel last night called The Marijuana Revolution and it was quite an eye opener. Its amazing how quickly the cannabis industry has developed in the states where it is legal. As far as I can tell there haven't been any serious issues associated with recreational use and I think it is long past time that we legalize it nationwide and start taxing it. There are absolutely no side effects or long term damage associated with its use and aside from the simple enjoyment of feeling happy and relaxed for an hour or so there are limitless medical uses for it. As far as I can tell the only proponents of keeping it off limits are those who directly profit from it being illegal. (alcohol companies, big pharma companies, law enforcement, private prisons, etc...) I think its definitely safe to say that the trend toward broader legalization will continue. What do you guys think? Will we be able to buy it in Georgia within the next few years or is this battle going to continue for much longer than that?

Oh and for the record I am a respectable law abiding citizen who has never indulged in any illicit drug use nor am I advocating it. I just think that this is a discussion worth having.

People, better remember that if a doctor says you are authorize to use Marijuana as a pain reliver, you CANNOT have Guns!

People have a hard time differentiating between what they think about using marijuana and whether or not it should be legal. You could believe marijuana use is a bad idea and still oppose prohibition. I don't think people should eat at Taco Bell, but I'm not advocating for a law to shut it down and make it illegal.

From my experience I haven't seen any negative effects from regular users. I think the whole "it will turn you into a lazy loser" argument is just a stereotype. Several of my close friends in college used it on a near daily basis. Two of them are now successful architects and one of them is a very wealthy business owner. I also used to know a guy at my old flight school who used it regularly. He failed a surprise drug test and was kicked out of the program and it was a real shame. He was a very competent pilot with excellent airmanship. I certainly had no qualms about sharing the cockpit with him.

Stupid people may gravitate towards smoking pot, but I have never seen a case of smoking pot making someone stupid.

The Lazy Loser argument can be made just as easily for booze. Yes, it’s a stereotype. All drugs can be abused and the user develop a dependence. Hell, I have a dependence on the very legal substance caffeine.

I think the biggest issue is the affect on teenagers. Mary Jane / Alcohol / any toxins do negatively impact teenagers and young adults when their brains are still developing - a process which continues until early 20’s on average.

Yes, it’ll be decriminalized in the next decade, with statewide controls similar to alcohol. The liquor company lobbyists are now involved.

Back
Top Bottom