Do you make your firearms interests known?

Do you make your interests in firearms known?

• I'll talk guns with anyone and I have gun stickers/clothing I wear often

Votes: 31 64.6%
  • My friends know but I don't usually discuss the subject

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • I don't tell anyone, just my family knows

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
Most of the people I am around are gun owners,hunters or just shooters.Since I don't see many folks out of the loop,no chance to converse much.

I don't hide crap. That is why we have so many problems with liberals trying to take our guns is because they think there are just a few of us rednecks out there that carry them. I think everyone should open carry just to voice our opinions. Any chance I get, I make it known to my liberal aquaintences that I love everything they hate. Funny thing is, they still invite me to their houses. I think they are conservatives deep down, but it is not cool to be conservative these days. I even had one buddy who's wife is really liberal, but after shooting with me, he ran out and got a permit and pistol. She hates it when we talk guns...haha

Where do some of you hang out? I work in a college town where there are plenty of liberals professors and students that sure aren't shy about their opinions. I don't go around shouting that I'm a gun owner, but I don't hide it at all. I have an NRA LIFE MEMBER license on front and a LIFE MEMBER bracket on the rear of my truck. It's no different than talking about golf or tennis with me. It's what I enjoy. I listen, and try not to judge others when they talk about their interests. If they're not interested or disagree with me that's fine. I may walk away when they're discussing soccer too. I want my company to be satisfied with my work, not my political pursuation. I'm an independent guy that couldn't care less if some lib doesn't like my views, and yes I'm tired of sitting back having theirs shoved down my throat. Not everyone likes shooting or hunting, but this is still America, isn't it? Come on people, the libs damn sure aren't shy, why should we be! Thanks', I think I feel a little better now, Chuckdog

A lot of people simply haven't been exposed to shooting. It's surprising how many folks that are genuinely interested in shooting when I offer to take them out to the range. With crime moving into every neighborhood now, a lot of people want to learn how to protect themselves. There are those that say "Oh my wife would never let me have a gun in the house." I usually ask them if their wife is going to protect them and the kids when 3 or 4 zombified drug crazed a'holes kicks their door in? Most people that don't like guns, have never been around them. Ignorance is the strongest tool the anti-gunners have. I don't want anyone to get fired, but I encourage you to talk about the shooting sports. Trap and skeet, bullseye shooting, nothing to do with killing animals, just plinking is so much fun for most newcomers that it can change uninformed perceptions of gun owners. I understand that others are so convinced that it's a waste of time. Those people are easy to spot. The least informed person is usually the loudest and most stubborn. I tell folks that I'm just a peace loving paper puncher, and will continue to be, if allowed. IT'S ALWAYS BETTER TO HAVE IT AND NOT NEED IT, THAN TO NEED IT AND NOT HAVE IT. This applies to many aspects of life, none more so than the ability to defend yourself. Chuckdog

I used to want everybody to know all about me."Look at me"syndrome,I guess.Now I`m an older,private person.No facebook.No stickers.No logos on shirts.No patches.Nothing on my vehicles.I will talk guns with some folks when the opportunity arises.As soon as the person tries to IMPRESS me,I`m through.This goes for military talk,also.Don`t get me wrong,I love to sit around a FAR,on a WMA,and shoot the bull with good folks.Some of the worst conversations I`ve gotten into,about guns,was at the gun counter at Walmart.But some good conversations have started there,also.Another thing;if I was a thief,I`d look for trucks with gun stickers,NRA logo,GON stickers,Buckmark,etc.The best place to steal guns would be courthouse parking lots.You know the gun ain`t inside with the owner.It`s in the truck.A crook can spot the cameras if he knows how.I will jump into a conversation with a person who is anti-gun.A few have been converted.Good thread.

I'll talk guns with just about anyone. However, it is not a good idea to list guns/shooting as a hobby on job apps. or in an interview for a job. Unless of course you're one of the lucky people who gets to work in a gun shop or the likes.

Back
Top Bottom