• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Do you have camo brand loyalty?

I wear mostly Kryptek Highlander. Sitka, KUIU, First Lite, etc. are all also very good. It is not so much about the pattern as it is about the gear itself. Get a geared system made of high tech fabrics designed for layering and don't look back! I have more range of motion, quiet, well thought out pockets, way less bulky, and can add or remove layers quickly to warm up or cool down, thus am more comfortable and can hunt longer and drier. It's not cheap, but it's worth it to me. Having said that, it's not necessary, especially for our deer hunting here on the eastern US where we mostly sit in stands or blinds. But we all have our hobbies to spend on and I like the benefits myself. I also hope to go on more western hunts in the future where the benefits are more pronounced.

All my hunting clothes came from Walmart and is a mix of mossy oak and real tree. Been using the same stuff for 10 years, never washed any of it and it has held up well. My favorite pair of overalls got ripped 10 years ago and I had to switch to pants cause apparently they don't make uninsulated overalls any more. The ones I had were first gen mossy oak walls brand and were probably 10 years old or older.

Back
Top Bottom