• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Discolored Brass

Oh, and I double rinse it to ensure all soap and acidity is rinsed off, running it through the Frankford media separator filled with water. Turn about 40 times, dump the pins and water, refill a second time with water, turn another 40 times, then in to the dehydrator.

That is the one drawback, IMO, of wet tumbling is all the extra washing and then I usually try and get it dryed quickly on towels etc

Won't hurt anything but i wet tumble with steel pins,dawn and llemi shine,comes out shinny new everytime.
This in a Thumblers Tumbler model B for rocks. They have a fast one but my wife and I use the same one for different things. I do brass, she does glass and rocks. Never had a dull case since. And as stated above, hot water works best.

That is the one drawback, IMO, of wet tumbling is all the extra washing and then I usually try and get it dryed quickly on towels etc
I put it in an RCBS media seperator and sling most of the water out of it then put it on cookie sheets in the oven on 225 for about 30-40 minutes and it comes out nice and dry. Of course I don't have any females around bitching at me about it so I do what I want. :D

I put it in an RCBS media seperator and sling most of the water out of it then put it on cookie sheets in the oven on 225 for about 30-40 minutes and it comes out nice and dry. Of course I don't have any females around bitching at me about it so I do what I want. :D
I do the same except sometimes I use a dehydrator instead of the oven. Both work well.

I do have a wet tumbler with SS Pins, but dont currently have any Lemishine etc for it.
I tumbled these in new walnut shell and then noticed the discoloration wouldnt go away do I add some case polisher additive to the walnut shell and still no improvement.
Amazon is your friend.

Back
Top Bottom