• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dillon 550 Reloading Setup?

AR-Trvlr

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
168   0
Reaction score
What are the good aftermarket accessories for a Dillon 550?

I'm getting back into the reloading game and found a used but not abused 550. As my one-car garage serves as an everything space, I can't afford a dedicated area, so I've set it up to mount to the t-tracks that I have installed on my bench. The overall size makes storage tough, but I created a place in my roll-away storage cabinet for it. Dust is usually minimal on those shelves, but I may rig up a cover for it anyway.

It's mostly complete and set up for .45 ACP, so I'll need to get a conversion kit for .45 Colt which is what I'll primarily be loading. It's also missing some minor parts like extra primer pick-up tubes and the spent primer cup.

PXL_20220108_171411263.jpg

PXL_20220108_171420424.jpg

PXL_20220108_171448027.jpg

What are the good aftermarket accessories for a Dillon 550?

I'm getting back into the reloading game and found a used but not abused 550. As my one-car garage serves as an everything space, I can't afford a dedicated area, so I've set it up to mount to the t-tracks that I have installed on my bench. The overall size makes storage tough, but I created a place in my roll-away storage cabinet for it. Dust is usually minimal on those shelves, but I may rig up a cover for it anyway.

It's mostly complete and set up for .45 ACP, so I'll need to get a conversion kit for .45 Colt which is what I'll primarily be loading. It's also missing some minor parts like extra primer pick-up tubes and the spent primer cup.

View attachment 3854510

View attachment 3854509

View attachment 3854508
you may have beat me to this one...I recently picked up a 650...wanted a 550 too. LOL.

you are gonna love it!

Strong mount. Get that higher so u can see and the lever closer.

A light

Bullet tray on the left

Something to keep ur brass on the right

Primer alarm

I think ur missing part 13871

agree on the strong mount.

I would be concerned with moisture in a garage unless you have it insulated. At very least i would keep my powders and primers inside maybe. Also watch for rust on some components that are susceptible to corrosion in an uncontrolled environment .
Just a thought .
Good luck and load up a storm !! Lol.

Back
Top Bottom