• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dillon 550 Reloading Setup?

I would be concerned with moisture in a garage unless you have it insulated. At very least i would keep my powders and primers inside maybe. Also watch for rust on some components that are susceptible to corrosion in an uncontrolled environment .
Just a thought .
Good luck and load up a storm !! Lol.
Good point, but I’ve never had a problem with moisture. None of my tools have ever has a rust problem. It’s a basement garage with thick block and brick exterior walls and living space behind and above.

Good point, but I’ve never had a problem with moisture. None of my tools have ever has a rust problem. It’s a basement garage with thick block and brick exterior walls and living space behind and above.
Yeah after i posted i was looking at some of the pics and was thinking that it looked like it was not a problem there.
Tools rusting was exactly what i was looking at in the pics, lol. The one pic that showed tools on the wall, i looked at the ones that would rust and they looked clean . LMAO.
Looks like some nice work areas !!

I'm bout to send in my Dillon 650. If u want a new powder measure tube...get that old one to me ASAP. I'll put it in with my warranty repair. You can get a new one

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Tool head stand for the 45 colt setup,leave everything set so you can just swap out the setup.
This is the way to go if you want to switch calibers.Takes a couple of minutes to swap tool heads and shell plate and you are ready to start loading the other cartridges. Pop for the extra powder measure - you won’t regret it and will save a lot of time recalibrating the same measure if you move it back and forth between tool heads.

Ive had very good luck with these aftermarket toolheads. Fit is excellent and they ship very quickly even with custom engraving. Believe from Florida.

I'm bout to send in my Dillon 650. If u want a new powder measure tube...get that old one to me ASAP. I'll put it in with my warranty repair. You can get a new one

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Thanks for the offer, but I just placed an order form some missing small parts and a 45 Colt conversion.
A roller handle makes a world of difference.
I’ve had them before and never found them to work that much better for me. Perhaps it’s because I’m not pushing for a huge rate of production, but the ball is better for me.

Back
Top Bottom