• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Diff in hornady red tip and yellow tip

tomusaf

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
296   0
Reaction score
Picked up a bunch of this hornady ammo it's brass case 7.62x39. What's the diff in the red tip and yellow tip? Are they hunting rounds. Thxs

Attachments

• 20231006_114656.jpg
    20231006_114656.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20231006_114629.jpg
    20231006_114629.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 19
The red tips are almost certainly their SST bullet design. Considered to be really good for game.

The yellow *might* actually be pale green, which would be their 'Z-Max' Ammo - Zombie killer ammo. But it's really ballistically identical to their A-Max product range, which I understand is intended for match shooting.

The red tips are almost certainly their SST bullet design. Considered to be really good for game.

The yellow *might* actually be pale green, which would be their 'Z-Max' Ammo - Zombie killer ammo. But it's really ballistically identical to their A-Max product range, which I understand is intended for match shooting.
Nailed it^

Yeah, those green tip ones came out a few years back when Hollywood was on the zombie craze. Just a different color tip in the same bullet.

Rosewood

agree on the pale green...z-max or a-max...

Back
Top Bottom