• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Diecast Cars

I had several hundred NASCAR die cast cars but sold them a couple years back once I sat down and figured out how much money I had spent on them, lol. I think I have a few left.

In my opinion, they over produced these and made the collector value negligible - thus destroying the industry. Same with State Quarters

Funny thing, you think diecast cars made 40 years ago would have gone up in value. A few have, but the majority at best are worth $2.00 tops, while the rest are less than a $1.00 Moral of this story is, collect for fun, don't see anyone getting rich anytime soon..

I probably have hundreds of the old matchbox/hot wheels from when I was a kid. I still find myself browsing that aisle of the toy section from time to time. I have always been a fan of 1:64 scale die cast but am picky to the point that if it doesn't look realistic, I won't buy it. ie: painted headlights/taillights, interior details, oem paint jobs, proportionately sized wheels/tires. Seems a bit much for a grown man buying toys, I guess we never really do grow up. LOL To touch on the previous posts in this thread, I don't collect for the monotary value, but for fun.

We've started a collection of HotWheels for my oldest boy (2 1/2). Somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 with about 1/2 unopened. We have a few of the full sets including the Batmobiles where are my favorite.

Just wondering if their are any diecast car collectors on the forum. Hot Wheels, Matchbox or Johnny Lightning, and their are some more companies that are still around. Thanks Ray
got some first edition hot wheels and some blem johnny lightning(gto sideways in box) and 1st 2nd gen camaros

Last edited:
I have A Lot of the American Muscle cars. Limited edition vettes etc. A friend has ask the wife to ebay them for him.

For some time I have liked the 1/24 scale, but the cars I have collected in the past are the muscle cars, chevy, fords and mopar. I am not much for the fantasy cars but the grandkids are so I buy them for them when I can.
Again thanks to you all who responded to my post, and Merry Christmas...Ray

Back
Top Bottom