• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Did any of you guys know or serve with Sean Bowles?

The owner of Bulldog Gym in Monticello, Ga died of a massive heart attack over the Christmas Holidays. He was a massive dude and was an American Hero with multiple tours on Iraq and Afghanistan. I know that he was "Special Forces" and some said he was a SEAL. I'm not sure if he was or not though. If any I you guys served with him please feel free to chime in.

RIP Sean Bowles

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_12_28_036ebd2bf6dc9f4f45c32ea09e1396fb.jpg

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_12_28_7fd8e66f17bedbed092570a8851d0449.jpg

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_12_28_1fdc7dc660064142b5715b2c4a7037a1.jpg
Man,
I've waited a long time to make this post. for a while I wasn't sure what I'd say, maybe I was too afraid. When this happened I was a boy, but I am a man now. Had to learn to be one real quick.
My name is Logan Stephen Carrel-Bowles and Sean Michael Bowles was my father.
I've read this thread multiple times through out the years, and I figure you people deserve the truth. Plus Christmas just passed and maybe I need it myself. this year I had a nice Christmas and frankly that has not happened since the incident.
My father was a very troubled man before he joined the service, had trouble fitting in with the world he was brought up in. Stemming from some personal issues with his family that I don't think are appropriate to delve into. This compounded with the effects of combat (and the money) made it very difficult for him (like so many) to cope with the civilian world. He suffered great trauma from the ordeals he was made to endure over there and it is unknown how or when it started, but it was likely a snow ball effect overtime, I do remember him telling me stories of doing acid in middle school.
If you can tell where this is going: a lot of you have cared to notice that 38 is an unusually young age for such a "healthy" guy to die from a heart attack. Truth of the matter is my dad was an avid and prolific poly-addict throughout his life. His true cause of death was something of a suicide be that intentional or not is something I will wonder till' my final days.
On December 31, 2014 I returned from my mothers house on Christmas day to find my fathers blue body face down in the living room, there was drug paraphernalia in the immediate area, The concoction of meth and heroin is what is known as a speed ball. These are the factors that left me without a father.
I probably know more about what my father did than anyone yet so much is still a mystery to me, I could tell you more but I'm sure that there are some other things you guys also know. I think its better if we stay in the spirit of my father and keep things on a need to know basis. The truth is Grey and blurry. The world has never been black and white even if it seems simpler that way.
I'll leave you with a poem he once recited to me.

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Man,
I've waited a long time to make this post. for a while I wasn't sure what I'd say, maybe I was too afraid. When this happened I was a boy, but I am a man now. Had to learn to be one real quick.
My name is Logan Stephen Carrel-Bowles and Sean Michael Bowles was my father.
I've read this thread multiple times through out the years, and I figure you people deserve the truth. Plus Christmas just passed and maybe I need it myself. this year I had a nice Christmas and frankly that has not happened since the incident.
My father was a very troubled man before he joined the service, had trouble fitting in with the world he was brought up in. Stemming from some personal issues with his family that I don't think are appropriate to delve into. This compounded with the effects of combat (and the money) made it very difficult for him (like so many) to cope with the civilian world. He suffered great trauma from the ordeals he was made to endure over there and it is unknown how or when it started, but it was likely a snow ball effect overtime, I do remember him telling me stories of doing acid in middle school.
If you can tell where this is going: a lot of you have cared to notice that 38 is an unusually young age for such a "healthy" guy to die from a heart attack. Truth of the matter is my dad was an avid and prolific poly-addict throughout his life. His true cause of death was something of a suicide be that intentional or not is something I will wonder till' my final days.
On December 31, 2014 I returned from my mothers house on Christmas day to find my fathers blue body face down in the living room, there was drug paraphernalia in the immediate area, The concoction of meth and heroin is what is known as a speed ball. These are the factors that left me without a father.
I probably know more about what my father did than anyone yet so much is still a mystery to me, I could tell you more but I'm sure that there are some other things you guys also know. I think its better if we stay in the spirit of my father and keep things on a need to know basis. The truth is Grey and blurry. The world has never been black and white even if it seems simpler that way.
I'll leave you with a poem he once recited to me.

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
You’re such a brave Man, Sir. And I can’t even imagine you going thru this thread, reading it and seen the pictures thru the years…. WOW…

May The Almighty LORD be with you Logan, giving you peace and guidance thru life. He is our great Father and he cares for each one of us.
God bless you.

Back
Top Bottom