• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deer on a boat

USMC - Lock and Load

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
0   0
Reaction score
Charter Boat in Sitka, Alaska

The Captain said he that he was out with a charter group on his 62-foot fishing vessel when four juvenile black-tailed deer swam directly toward his boat. "Once the deer reached the boat, the four began to circle the boat, looking directly at us. We could tell right away that the young bucks were distressed. I opened up my back gate and we helped the typically skittish and absolutely wild animals onto the boat. In all my years fishing, I've never seen anything quite like it! Once onboard, they collapsed with exhaustion, shivering."

The first picture is of the rescued bucks on the back of the boat, the Alaska Quest. Once we reached the dock, the first buck that we had been pulled from the water hopped onto the dock, looked back as if to say 'thank you' and disappeared into the forest. After a bit of prodding and assistance, two more followed, but the smallest deer needed a little more help.
View attachment 80077 View attachment 80078 View attachment 80079 View attachment 80081

Awesome story and pics.

As they walked out of sight, one was heard grumbling something about never following that practical joker Rudolf again.

Back
Top Bottom