• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deer challenge?

I know the deer don’t know the difference between private and public but some people heavily manage there own land and have some really really nice deer on them. I know there is a big difference in deer on my land in cave springs vs South Georgia deer. Not sure how to make this challenge fair.
Yes that’s what I’m saying, that’s why I was saying let’s just say a 8 pointer gets a certain amount of points and if it scores 110 to 129 it gets an extra point and 130 to 149 it gets 2 extra points and 150+ gets 3. This will be net score not gross.

Not saying we don’t do it. Just need to work out the details to make it fair for everyone not matter where they hunt. We have time to hammer out the details.

So is this fair or not? :confused2:

22826d1410139201-do-you-really-need-bait-piles-dsc08353.jpg

Break it up by the region. Just like on the map. Piedmont, upper coastal plain, etc...

The deer 100 miles from where I hunt are vastly different due to soil and habitat quality. Management helps but it is about the dirt the deer is standing on.

I know the deer don’t know the difference between private and public but some people heavily manage there own land and have some really really nice deer on them. I know there is a big difference in deer on my land in cave springs vs South Georgia deer. Not sure how to make this challenge fair.

I get geography northern vs. southern zones... Your initial post was public vs. private...

I think it's a cool idea. I've seen other forums require you to have a paper with the date in the photo so we know it's current. There definitely needs a time stamp verification of sorts

Back
Top Bottom