• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

decisions decisions

willr1

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
33   0
Reaction score
Well, after giving the Beretta Neos the boot, I am about to order a brand new Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target.

Here's my decision issue, should I pay an extra $30 for the classic Cocoburra wood grips or go with the standard black rubber grips on the 22/45 ? It is so tough, I mean $207 vs $235 and classic vs modern uuughghghgh

Use rule the rule of 14. If you're going to buy something you really want and are deciding whether to spend more on a different model and/or upgrade, etc., if the additional expense is within 14% of the price of the item, go for it. Otherwise, statistics show that you are more likely to have buyer's remorse. I did the math for you and $28 of $207 is 13.5%. You want the wood grips, don't ya?

I'd go with the wood. Of course, if its the model which lets you swap grips for any 1911 grip panel then you could always swap them for some custom ones later, of course at my wholesaler cocobola grips are going for between $20-30, most on the higher end so the grips are a worthwhile investment right there.

Get the wood grips, then get a set of Hogue finger groove grips for it. I have the Hogue grips on my MkII and they are great for shooting.

Well, after giving the Beretta Neos the boot, I am about to order a brand new Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target.

Here's my decision issue, should I pay an extra $30 for the classic Cocoburra wood grips or go with the standard black rubber grips on the 22/45 ? It is so tough, I mean $207 vs $235 and classic vs modern uuughghghgh

Where did you find a 22/45 for 207 bucks?

Where did you find a 22/45 for 207 bucks?

As an NRA instructor, I can purchase up to 10 Ruger guns a year at pretty good deal, MKIII's are $207, 10/22 $170 etc.

Just ordered this, all in all spent $260 for the $25ffl transfer including shipping ! MKIII 22/45 Target 5.5"
[Broken External Image]:

Back
Top Bottom