• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dash cam advice needed

GAGunguy

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
260   1
Reaction score
Driving home last Friday night, dark road, passed a pick up truck going in the opposite direction and heard a thud. Once I got home I looked at the headlight on the driver side and the lens was busted, and brown stick liquid was on the fender (assume coke can?)

So...I have no way of knowing the identity of truck that did this, so its time for a dash cam. Anyone have advise on brands, setup, etc? I'm thinking front and rear.

Thanks all.

i used to commute from south side of town to smyrna on a motorcycle and ran a hero camera on my helmet. The day I used another helmet with no camera i got smacked head on.
Now I run a rexing brand from amazon. (and commute in a civic) Its an older one and only forward facing. It works good/loops every so many hours, was easy to hang. They have better models now. One version has a wire for always hot and even when car is parked and feels a vibration the camera wakes up and starts recording.

It really depends on your budget. I had similar issues when I live ITP but with a couple hit and runs. So I bought the Rexing V2 Pro AI Cam. best of luck to ya.

been having good luck with my Rexxing of amazon
even saved me a ticket
Passed a moron driver and a school bus in a legal passing zone , while i was passing the moron he hung me the bird and layed on the horn. I did not think anything more than another A$$h()Le driver. Get home and couple hours later State Patrol is knocking on the door. Apparently the moron driver called and said I passed a school bus stopped on the side of the road with the red light s on and the stop signs out. They were ready to do god knows what till I simply showed them the footage of the legal pass. Payed for it self that day .
https://www.amazon.com/Rexing-Dashboard-Recorder-G-Sensor-Recording/dp/B00X528FNE/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=rexing&qid=1661191977&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A2BDR2NEGWOXLJ

been having good luck with my Rexxing of amazon
even saved me a ticket
Passed a moron driver and a school bus in a legal passing zone , while i was passing the moron he hung me the bird and layed on the horn. I did not think anything more than another A$$h()Le driver. Get home and couple hours later State Patrol is knocking on the door. Apparently the moron driver called and said I passed a school bus stopped on the side of the road with the red light s on and the stop signs out. They were ready to do god knows what till I simply showed them the footage of the legal pass. Payed for it self that day .
https://www.amazon.com/Rexing-Dashboard-Recorder-G-Sensor-Recording/dp/B00X528FNE/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=rexing&qid=1661191977&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A2BDR2NEGWOXLJ
Wow, good that you had the footage. I actually called the local PD and when he got to my house, he acted like I was a fault, wanted to know if I somehow provolked the attack on my headlight. I told him we were travelling in opposite directions in the middle of the night on a dark road, and I didnt have my brights on. Having video proof would have been nice.

I use Rexxing in one car and Aukey in the other. Both have recorded accidents and footage was great. Get a 128g memory card to go with it. Leaves you plenty of time to retrieve the footage.

Back
Top Bottom