• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CZ cancels P10's and stops CZ USA production

I didn't see that either. However it does seem that the old CEO of CZ-USA 'retired' in August, and they officially changed their name to "Colt-CZ Group" back in April.

Not sure that means that the old Colt folks are in charge, but it does seem like there are changes afoot.

There really wasn't much of value to strip from Colt apart from the government maintenance contract. Sounds like CZ Group didn't do their due diligence.

While a "CZ AR" would be a cutesy product that would probably sell well provided the price point was competitive, it wouldn't be any different from all the other ARs you can buy out there.

A CZ "Colt Python"? I'll reserve judgment on that.

How about a Colt Semi - I *think* Dan Wesson had that covered (and I hope will still have that covered in 10 years' time)

Renaming the US arm "Colt-CZ Group" does look like someone was sold a bill of goods.

CZ appears to have put Colt folks in charge of most of the US operations from what I saw and that is a recipe for failure. Colt management is a hot steaming pile of garbage and will head them into bankruptcy as is the Colt tradition. I am glad I bought a 527 and 550 when I did, They are great rifles

Ah, that explains why they kept discontinuing popular stuff.

I do wonder if given the state of the Turkish economy they wanna move more production there. That makes sense for civilian sales but I thought the whole point of them buying Colt was to get more US production and net some contracts that typically require domestic manufacturing.

Colt didn't make anything worth selling. That was the problem. There was a demand for some Pythons, which would keep a few staff employed, but the only other thing they had was a government contract to maintain existing service M4s that was granted just to keep 'em going. Their financials were a hot mess with no reasonable path to success. Nobody in their right mind will give contracts to a company being run by former Colt personnel.

As far as I know, CZ don't make anything in Turkey. It's a Czech company with (now) all manufacturing in the Czech Republic. To the extent that US operations do anything, it'll be importation and possibly assembly. But again - if Colt's management is running the show, I wouldn't expect much. If they harbor any interest in making handguns, I expect them to ruin Dan Wesson because unless they do so, they won't be able to compete.

I hope I'm wrong, but if I'm not wrong, it'll be a damn shame.

CZ does have some Turkish products in the shotgun line, but I think most products are still made in the Czech Republic. I always got the feeling that CZ-USA was more of a holding company for Dan Wesson and later on, Colt.

Colt is doing well with their new revolvers. The new Pythons, Anacondas and Cobras are all selling well right now and that production couldn't easily be moved.

And of course they still make ARs which some people still seem to think represent the best of their kind, or at least the standard the rest are measured by.

I agree though, if Colt management is in charge they will bankrupt the company within 5 years or so.

Back
Top Bottom