• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Custom trout and bird knife

Fear Itself

Boar Icon
ODT Junkie!
21   0
Reaction score
After many designs, I finally came up with something that I was satisfied with and my great friend Tim Spry (Spry Knives) brought it to reality! Hardened to 60 Rockwell 155 stainless steel.

Very proud of the result. Wanted to take the idea of a Marples design that has been around since the early 1900s. Basic idea is your pinky rides the hole as you clean the fish or bird and when you're manipulating your game you don't drop the knife, it just swings out of the way!

If anyone is interested in having Tim craft one for you or you have something else in mind or just want to see what he produces - shoot me a pm.

PXL_20240111_021613317.MP.jpg

PXL_20240111_021618071.jpg

And yes, it will slice to the bone!! ;-)

After many designs, I finally came up with something that I was satisfied with and my great friend Tim Spry (Spry Knives) brought it to reality! Hardened to 60 Rockwell 155 stainless steel.

Very proud of the result. Wanted to take the idea of a Marples design that has been around since the early 1900s. Basic idea is your pinky rides the hole as you clean the fish or bird and when you're manipulating your game you don't drop the knife, it just swings out of the way!

If anyone is interested in having Tim craft one for you or you have something else in mind or just want to see what he produces - shoot me a pm.

View attachment 6895420

View attachment 6895427

And yes, it will slice to the bone!! ;-)
Thank's Fearitself I am glade you like the knife. I really do like what we came up with too. Can't wait until you really get to use it this year.
For ant one that might be interested in one of my knives. You can contact me on Face Book under Tim Spry or Spry Knives. Tomorrow I am going to place some of my work in the classified section for you to check out. Thanks for looking. Tim

Back
Top Bottom