• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cussing

So you don't believe in the first amendment?

for the sake of your argument... Using profanity is not the same as exercising your first amendment right...

example: if you came cussing around my kids (when they were young) you and I would have a huge problem.

now exercising your opinion on something using appropriate language is another story...

Where did I speak of children?It's called respect, maturely, manners, and such that is often overlooked by the young.Like Bear I can cuss when I feel the need. But there is a time and place for most things. Not to mention I never know who is reading the material and what is posted is here FOREVER.

You didn't another member did, I was asking if that was the reason for the censorship. I've been a member here for a few years now and don't mind the censorship, but I never understood the rationale behind it.

All "cussing" is, is words that women don't like the sound of. And by women, I'm not necessarily referring to gender.
Shakespeare "shat" all the time. And as for inappropriateness, what about that gold painted dude in the Tempest? Just looking at him was enough to corrupt the young.

Maybe you guys can understand this banter, but us old sailors need the pre-requisite adjectives inserted in our sentences to fully comprehend them, such as, "It's a fine xxxxxx Navy day". If we don't get to let it out, we "Blow our xxxxx stacks."

Last edited:
Simple. It's OS site. He wants it to be censored. Done, lol....it becomes Murica' again once you X out of your web browser ; )

If cussing is all that upsets you bout this website your doing better than most. As far as I am concerned the ODT is the best website in the State of Ga, it is only followed by Gon when hunting season rolls around.

^^
This. I get that we all have different opinions on the subject. Personally I don't like a lot of cussing, but I don't care if others do cuss. I just wanted to echo the sentiments above though... This is a great site and I think the mods do a good job of being fairly tollerant and still allowing the messages to get across.

Thanks OS and the ODT

Back
Top Bottom