• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

current wait times

I think wait time is still the same as it was last year... Maybe these extra assistant are only there to check forms and cash check quick. Seems like pending forms still take just as long...

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/national-firearms-act-processing-times.html

Clearly stated up to year 2011, increase of application was about 150%. It stated that a application usually takes 6 months from ATF receipt to approval that require standard processing. It also states applications that don't require tax processing or background checks(trust ect...), it only should take about 1 month from ATF receipt to approval. So there's really not much to do with an application with trust except for checking errors and such...

I don't know how much more of an increase from 2011 to 2012 but now with extra assistant, why is it taking 6 months? Should be around 3 months... Something is fishy.

They would literally have an increase of 600% in application to be backed up to 6 months from 2011 to 2012.

Last edited:
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/national-firearms-act-processing-times.html

Clearly stated up to year 2011, increase of application was about 150%. It stated that a application usually takes 6 months from ATF receipt to approval that require standard processing. It also states applications that don't require tax processing or background checks(trust ect...), it only should take about 1 month from ATF receipt to approval. So there's really not much to do with an application with trust except for checking errors and such...

I don't know how much more of an increase from 2011 to 2012 but now with extra assistant, why is it taking 6 months? Should be around 3 months... Something is fishy.

They would literally have an increase of 600% in application to be backed up to 6 months from 2011 to 2012.

There have been reports that since the new assistants they are being picky with what comes thruogh and alot of stuff is being bumped back.

There have been reports that since the new assistants they are being picky with what comes thruogh and alot of stuff is being bumped back.

My understanding is a tax registration is going to be APPROVE no matter what if used with corps/Trust, just it has to be filled out correctly. Now an individual takes a little longer cause they want to match that person with background and make sure its that person so no mistakes like NICS check would make. Individual, application can be denied so I can understand that can take a little longer, but most people nowadays are switching to Trust because of the flexibility. If you read closely, ATF states that times can take a little longer if errors come back but that is in ATF hands, that is our fault. I'm sure error forms, they send off before it even makes it to the main examiner and usually I'm sure they already approved the form, they just waiting for the corrections so I don't believe it should slow any process down.

Just pretend you were looking over forms, if you find an error, you send out the error letter asking for the correction and set it aside to the assistant to slap on the stamp when corrections come back, move onto the next form.

I just called in today because I hadn't since I sent in paper work (oops poor follow up :mad:)

Paper work sent in March, went pending May 5th. Looking for October approval now since they said 6 months on turn around time.

:grey::grey::grey::grey:

Just checked in... October is now no longer, they are now telling me Nov.

I got a call yesterday from another dealer I used for a can before I got my FFL/SOT. Got an error back because we wrote the serial number down wrong. Form 3 said I####.. Form 4 said 1####. Hopefully that means I should have it back here in a week or so. It is a Thompson Machine Isis2 9mm. Sent in the forms on March 19.

Now if they would just approve all my form 3s that are over 4 weeks now...

this graph was updated September 3rd and the waits continue to shrink, more encouraging news, now based on the new statistics I am highly likely to receive my sparrow in October, before it was more likely to be November.
i50.tinypic.com_25j89jc.png

I encourage all of you to input your info about your waits on www.NFAtracker.com. The stats help get an accuracte idea of the average wait times.

this graph was updated September 3rd and the waits continue to shrink, more encouraging news, now based on the new statistics I am highly likely to receive my sparrow in October, before it was more likely to be November.
i50.tinypic.com_25j89jc.png

I encourage all of you to input your info about your waits on www.NFAtracker.com. The stats help get an accuracte idea of the average wait times.

Veeery interesting chart there. Hope this positive trend continues....

Back
Top Bottom