Crotch rockets are back

No it's a Yamaha YZFR1. Look at the 1st pic there is a sign in the background and that is a rail road crossing, coming toward the pic he tried to pop a wheelie over the track and when the front tire landed he went over the handel bars and rolled into on coming traffic. The bike slid where you see it and slammed into my truck, on inpact the bike spun around and around before landing in the ditch.

Ah I see now, youre right. I was looking at the one parked in front of the ambulance.

So he played in the wrong place at the wrong time, and it cost him and your truck some injury. At least i'm assuming he has some insurance to fix your truck, since you have said nothing to indicated he did not have insurance. I hope he also got a ticket for acting like a jackass.

Ill tell ya'll a little story from my police days. Now I ride a R1 "crotch rocket", but I was on a motor unit several years ago and I responded to a "shots fired/accident" call. I come up to the scene and there was a guy standing up with a gun in his hand pointed at a vehicle, a motorcycle was laying on the ground next to the passnger side door. As I approach on the bike, the guy tosses the gun away and walks to me with his hands up and lays prone. I cuff him and notice the passenger has been shot in the leg. Come to find out, the motorcyclist was running out of gas and went to pass the car and entered the emergency lane just prior to the turn lane. The passenger opened the door and knocked him off the bike, the guy having just been cut off and pissed about careless "cagers" jumped up and shot the passenger in the leg with a .38spl.

Now, lane splitting is going into the docket next year and if you do open your door on a motorcyclist, that will be considered assault and you never know who's packing !

Ill tell ya'll a little story from my police days. Now I ride a R1 "crotch rocket", but I was on a motor unit several years ago and I responded to a "shots fired/accident" call. I come up to the scene and there was a guy standing up with a gun in his hand pointed at a vehicle, a motorcycle was laying on the ground next to the passnger side door. As I approach on the bike, the guy tosses the gun away and walks to me with his hands up and lays prone. I cuff him and notice the passenger has been shot in the leg. Come to find out, the motorcyclist was running out of gas and went to pass the car and entered the emergency lane just prior to the turn lane. The passenger opened the door and knocked him off the bike, the guy having just been cut off and pissed about careless "cagers" jumped up and shot the passenger in the leg with a .38spl.

Now, lane splitting is going into the docket next year and if you do open your door on a motorcyclist, that will be considered assault and you never know who's packing !

So who got charged in that one? Sounds like it should be the passenger of the car because he assualted the biker with a deadly weapon.

I took out warrants on both, the biker went to jail while the passenger went to the hospital. I had to charge the biker for Agg Assault and the passenger with assualt. I wrote the report empatheticaly for the biker. When we went to his prelim hearing, I told the ADA that this was bull and I would not mind if he wanted to offer a plea. Both attorneys spoke and the charges were downgraded to a mideameanor

the only thing with the passenger, is that with any "deadly weapon" once the threat is over, you cant claim self defense. Once the guy wrecked and got up, the car did not charge him, the guy just jumped up, pulled his gun and Boom

Back
Top Bottom