Crimson Trace Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWC

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
154   0
Reaction score
We all bash poor customer service, rightfully so. So when I receive what I feel to be good customer service, I feel obligated to tell members. I purchased a set of Crimson Trace grips here on ODT. Initially, they worked great. However, a trip to the range produced mixed results. Laser would not work all the time despite the "button" being depressed, also, it would not hold sight adjustments. Well, disappointed with the grips, I sent an e-mail to Crimson Trace and left my phone number. I received an e-mail back asking me to call a specific department. I called and was told that since my particular model of grips had been discontinued, there was little they could do. I was offered an "upgrade" for an amount of money that I deemed too high. I thanked them, and said I would not be "upgrading" at the price they quoted. I resigned myself to have "lost" the money I paid for the grips, and decided to just move on. To my surprise, I was called two days later by Crimson Trace. They told me that if I would "upgrade" they would reduce the price for the upgrade. Their comment was that they did not want anyone to own Crimson Trace grips that would not work. I expected them to say that I only had a short period of time to make a decision, but no, they said they had started a case number and I had until whenever to decide whether to upgrade or not. Also, they would not take a credit card number over this line, but if I decided to send in the grips, they would call me when they arrived on a secure line to take my credit card information and purchase the upgrade. I sent in the grips, received the call on a secure line, and the grips were sent yesterday. I wish every company treated their customers the same way. While I do not like that the set of grips I purchased died, I feel that Crimson Trace did more than what they could have done to remedy the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom