• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Credit card payment due, lol

I bought an extra 10 Pmags before the election but DSG had on sale $99 for 10 and free shipping on $150 so a buddy and I split 20 mags
They came in as gen 3 with dust covers so I did OK regardless

You guys are missing out. Too many 0% APR deals to take advantage of, and too many 0% balance transfer deals to take advantage of if you really need to move money around.

Don't think of it as debt; think of it as numbers on paper. You're just moving it from paper to paper and eventually you can pay it off. Been doing it for years and I've never paid a penny of interest on any of my credit cards.

You guys are missing out. Too many 0% APR deals to take advantage of, and too many 0% balance transfer deals to take advantage of if you really need to move money around.

Don't think of it as debt; think of it as numbers on paper. You're just moving it from paper to paper and eventually you can pay it off. Been doing it for years and I've never paid a penny of interest on any of my credit cards.
i know a lot of folks who do well with credit, but most people are risk adverse

but if i were looking to purchase, now might not be a bad time. things could be on the financial upswing starting next year......or they could keep going in the same direction

who knows, get a magic 8 ball or see a fortune teller or toss chicken bones

Right now is a pretty good time for credit in general (whether cards or mortgage or auto) and I think it's going to get better next year under Trump. I pre-panic bought some essentials on 0% cards so I'll just pay them off by their due date next September. Was going to buy the stuff anyway. Then Black Friday came and I bought a few more things, but that went on a new Chase card with 15 months 0% interest and it's paying for everyone's Christmas this year. Except for items I bought on Amazon, because not only did I get a $50 instant gift card for applying for their card, I paid for my purchases using my Discover card which is 5% cashback on Amazon right now so I ended up getting an extra ~$80 total out of the deal. And almost everyone's Christmas is bought for. That's just free money. Of course my rating takes a hit for applications, but it's dropped from the 720's into the 710's and I really don't care about that.

If you can do it responsibly and have a budget planned out, it can work out really well for you. But for certain folks I understand why they stay far the hell away from plastic magic.

IMG_3582.PNG
i know a lot of folks who do well with credit, but most people are risk adverse

but if i were looking to purchase, now might not be a bad time. things could be on the financial upswing starting next year......or they could keep going in the same direction

who knows, get a magic 8 ball or see a fortune teller or toss chicken bones

Back
Top Bottom