Crazy Mosin Nagant Idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have yet to shoot them yet but I pulled some 151gr rounds down and swapped a 150gr Nosler partition gold. I also got some 185gr Monarch brand from Acadamy that's gonna get a straight swap to a 180 Nosler Accubond. Yeah I know there is about .002 difference in diameter but they fit tight in the bore. If they prove to be halfway accurate then lookout deer.
Ga Arms sells 7.62x54r loaded with a ballistic tip for $38 a box. I figure if they do that then .308 bullets must work OK.
Next range session I'll find out for sure.

I hunt with mine every year. That 203gr Barnaul works perfect and is more than enough for deer. You will probably for sure want an optic of some sort, cause those sights seem to disappear in low light. One of my favorite rifles to hunt with

what do I need to do for optics (cheap)
I have yet to figure it out...

They have mounts that replace the rear site but they are around 100 then you need a proper scope/ optic for it. I am thinking about getting one of those mounts and putting my Micro dot on it....
You are usually ok with irons if you are hunting at a field with it, but if you hunt more like I do in the more dense woods it gets darker a good bit earlier than in an open area. usually about 10-15 minutes earlier for me personally.

Just go outside in the evening similar to when you would be hunting and see if you can see the sites well...At that point for me I am essentially lining up the flat of the rear site halfway in the round globe up front, I personally can not see the rear notch or the actual front sight post in the late evening.

Last edited:
I'd say you're in luck! I have a mosin nagant with a scope, scope rail, turned bolt handle, and simmons 3x9 scope for sale! And I live right off spout springs road in braselbuforhoschton by the Duncan bottle shop. Has a 16.5 inch barrel too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom