• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Could land in rural Georgia become cheaper to buy ? or more available ?

'A shortage of homes': Houston County sees boom in housing market​

Tina Inman says it's a seller’s market right now -- many people looking to buy are having a hard time because supply is low yet demand is high.

9d3c4424-2c48-49e4-87d0-d64ed5354635_1920x1080.jpg

Author: Bre'onna Richardson (WMAZ)
Published: 12:14 AM EDT October 1, 2021
Updated: 12:17 AM EDT October 1, 2021

HOUSTON COUNTY, Ga. — The region’s housing market seeing a big boom right now, especially in Houston County. According to the Central Georgia Multiple Listing Service, over the last year 4,471 residential homes were sold with realtors across the region – 2,914 of them were sold in Houston County.

Tina Inman is a realtor at Fickling & Company. She says this thriving market started heating up during the pandemic and keeps growing.

“There's a shortage of homes available in Houston County,” said Inman.
She says it's a seller’s market right now and many people looking to buy are having a hard time because supply is low, yet demand is high. Caly Hess bought her Bonaire home in May.

“I was in the market to move but we weren't rushing, but then this house fell on the market. My realtor brought me in the same day, we fell in love with it, we put our offer in that day because he had warned us that most houses were going for more than asking and were disappearing within 48 hours,” said Hess.

Hess says when she was online -- every house had at least six offers at once. She says Georgia was one of the most scarce markets.

“Our house actually ended up pricing considerably higher than what it was initially. We have a few friends that ended up having to pay over what they anticipated paying for asking,” said Hess.
Kim Hacker recently moved from Michigan. She bought her Warner Robins home in June.
“The houses I found were gone within hours of being posted, so they would go on sale and within an hour to two hours, it'd be gone. It'd show 'pending' or 'sold,'” said Hacker.

Inman says she's noticed it's hardest to find homes in Warner Robins or Centerville.

“There are buyers now willing to bring an extra $50,000 to closing, just to make sure they get that house. There's a lot of cash deals being presented now,” said Inma
I didn’t even thing there were 5000 houses in Houston county ?

My son was stationed at Robins AFB Warner Robins,and was reassigned to the Pentagon,put his house on the market ,it sold in one day and he made 23k OVER the asking price due to the housing shortage

Add to that Dooly property assessor has gone crazy trying to tax anything and everything at much higher values. Best locations now are Stewart & Webster counties.
I don’t think you can buy land in Webster county unless you are a Florida resident. I can tell you the best way to increase property value is let a Florida resident on it for a year and then relist it. There is a 364 acre tract of love to buy but I’d have to hit the lottery first.
Thing is no one wants to move to Stewart or Webster except folks who have money because there is zero way to make a living other than inheritance or government.

My dad thought he had a farm bought near Dawson. Seller backed out when a SOB out of Florida offered twice what dad was going to pay. Come to find out that it is a common occurrence in the south GA area. The bastards who moved from up north to florida are the problem. Theres only so much you can pay per acre to run cattle on it.

Back
Top Bottom