coping w/ cross dominance?

scoob

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
27   0
Reaction score
Ive reached a point in my practice where my cross dominance is beginning to hinder me.
i am right handed with a dominant left eye; Ive been trying to train with my right eye.

how do you cross dominant shooters cope?

the "web" says its easier to switch shooting hands then it is to train your non dominant eye, but i feel this puts me at an disadvantage if things get hairy.

looking forward to the discussion!

I'm exactly the same way,but,my whole life I've shot using my right eye....didn't know anything about eye dominance till I was in my late teens..just always shot off my right side and used my right on the target...but know I know my dominate eye is my left eye. ...can't tell you anything o do except practice I guess...this is a great topic....I'm in for other people's ideas

Left or right doesn't matter to me. I guess I could say I'm left eye dominant but I can shoot either with either
Everything except writing I can do with either eye or either hand

Wear a patch over the eye you don't want to use.
Pirate .jpg

My son can't close just his left eye. I've tried to get him to shoot lefty but that is a no go as well. He does well with a scope but iron sites he can't look down them to save his life. But he can shoot the hell out of a bow. As far as eye dominance when I was kid even to read I had a pair of glasses that had one eye blacked out to make my other eye stronger, now both of my eyes are the same but it took three years to make them that way. It's a pain but it works. Your dominant eye has something to do with how you process information and to which side of the brain you process information with.

I am the exact same way, right handed and very left eye dominant. I just close my left eye that is the only thing that I have been able to come up with....

if i go to the range i'll wink my left (dominant) eye and over the course of the day i'll eventually be able to open my left eye and aim with the right (how you should). but in a hurried situation i draw, left eye takes over and right eye can stay open with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom