• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Conspiracy Apology: Rolling Stone Mag

I say we put the religion to the side and knock back a few beers. Life's too short.

Omg, I just saw Constitution mentioned beer--weird.

Religion, philosophy and science should be about one thing:

How does it improve our lives right now?

Historically they are all intertwined and nothing has been "discovered" to disprove their worth. It's when they are separated that the problems start.

Trying to get closer to the all of the creator and finding ones true self. Shame so many only see self at the expense of others, that is how we end with such lavish schemes that enslave man rather than liberate him.

Trying to get closer to the all of the creator and finding ones true self. Shame so many only see self at the expense of others, that is how we end with such lavish schemes that enslave man rather than liberate him.

I've taken Icarus' flight many times. I always fall to earth but keep trying nonetheless. Nothing like a good grail quest.

Last edited:
Karl Marx on Origin of the Species:

On the publication of The Origin, Marx was involved in other work. But when he had a chance to read it a year later, his assessment of it was similar to that of Engels, to whom he wrote on the 19 December, 1860:

“In my times of trial [illness] during the last four weeks -I have read all sorts of things. Among others, Darwin's book on Natural Selection. Although it is developed in a crude English way, this is the book that contains the natural-history foundation of our view point.”

A month later on the 16 January, 1861 he wrote to Lassalle in similar terms:

“Darwin's work is most important and suits my purpose in that it provides a basis in natural science for the historical class struggle. One does, of course, have to put up with the clumsy English style of argument. Despite all its shortcomings, it is here that, for the first time, 'teleology' in natural science is not only dealt a mortal blow but its rational meaning is empirically explained.”

Let me help you out for a minute, ok? I happen to believe that one of the worst events in human history was the rise of Communism. That political philosophy did as much or more to contribute to human suffering than just about any other single movement in all of recorded history. I think only the Mongols or the Black Death come close to the body count, to say nothing of the crushing of the human spirit and the after effects it's having even after the fall of the Soviet Union, etc.

Would you agree with this statement? At least more or less?

Communism saved China.

Chinese communism was built upon a mountain of millions of skulls and you are trying to claim that Communism saved China. If you love authoritarianism then go live in China or N. Korea.

Does all disagreement have to come back to the playground "go live in xyz then if you think it's so great". What a serious detraction from an otherwise decent conversation.

Does all disagreement have to come back to the playground "go live in xyz then if you think it's so great". What a serious detraction from an otherwise decent conversation.

Yes, yes it does. We are a childish society and most responses contain that element. I know I can be guilty of it.

But you gotta love the, "Merica, love it or leave it" mentality. It's so intellectual.

Yes, yes it does. We are a childish society and most responses contain that element. I know I can be guilty of it.

But you gotta love the, "Merica, love it or leave it" mentality. It's so intellectual.

People are like water....they will always flow to the path of least resistance.

With that said we all need to realize something very very important.

Back
Top Bottom