• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Confessions of a GLOCK shooter.

It is the thinner frame that is causing you most of your issues. Twitch right you go right twitch left you go left. Trigger control with a 1911 is everything. Slow down your shooting and carefully aim every shot. Adjust your grip to the thumb high or the meat grip. It will take away some of the push pull you are getting. Sit down and brace the weapon or prop it on something until you get use to the trigger and the drop of the hammer. Tighten up that grip until it becomes natural for you. After a while you will get to love it.

Good positioning.
www.shootingillustrated.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_03_028.jpg

Left hand good right thumb too high.
[Broken External Image]:
This guys wrist on his left hand is out of whack and his thumb on his right hand is too high.
farm4.static.flickr.com_3076_3168747201_a8ee0c49b3.jpg

Keep your thumbs off the side but you should get the general Idea.

Last edited:
I want royalty fee for copying me lol

Your's wasn't up when I stated typing. And don't come trying to collect I'm running out of space in the backyard.

As far as the twitching left or right ,if he was going left or right sure, but he said up and down which to me sounds more like sight issues. But, if he is a glock baby (No offense but we are getting to where there are guys out there who haven't shot anything else) he just needs some quality time with the 1911. It will come, just need to start with the basics and work your way out.

Your's wasn't up when I stated typing. And don't come trying to collect I'm running out of space in the backyard.

As far as the twitching left or right ,if he was going left or right sure, but he said up and down which to me sounds more like sight issues. But, if he is a glock baby (No offense but we are getting to where there are guys out there who haven't shot anything else) he just needs some quality time with the 1911. It will come, just need to start with the basics and work your way out.

Yeah you are right. Where the hell did I get left and right from. High and low is a different beast. His is anticipating and compensating. Yeah man just practice you will get it.

Yeah you are right. Where the hell did I get left and right from. High and low is a different beast. His is anticipating and compensating. Yeah man just practice you will get it.

Likely assuming, I know how that goes. Recoil may be a factor, anticipating the greater recoil if he is use to a lighter load and working with something that kicks harder. It something I sometimes forget about myself, I'm effectively recoil deaf and nothing ever seems to kick to the point of being painful or to where I can't still block it out, but after a weekend of 1,100 rounds from a Ruger Red Label, not much is going to feel that painful.

Thanks guys. I do suspect it's a trigger difference along with shot anticipation. I'll tame it but I'll need to stock up on some .45 acp

Here is another thought for you. Is your barrel locking up fully? Is there anything in the two groves directly in front of the chamber on top of the barrel also check the slide and you will see where the barrel groves lock into the slide make sure there is nothing in there either.

Likely assuming, I know how that goes. Recoil may be a factor, anticipating the greater recoil if he is use to a lighter load and working with something that kicks harder. It something I sometimes forget about myself, I'm effectively recoil deaf and nothing ever seems to kick to the point of being painful or to where I can't still block it out, but after a weekend of 1,100 rounds from a Ruger Red Label, not much is going to feel that painful.

Damn how I hate that word. Especially when I make that mistake. Assumptions are a *****.

Back
Top Bottom