• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Complete newbie wanting an AR and needing advice

Lol! Not even for 2 dollars..thats pretty bad. What are the issues you've seen?
They have a video out of improperly assembling a BCG....and it is the assembly practice they use, they have been known to use red loctite on the receiver extensions, inferior materials, lack of any or proper staking, blah blah blah....

In the market we are in where quality components can be had for typically, just marginally more, there is just no reason to purchase half ass rifle parts.

When I built mine I just settled for what I could get and now I'm spending more to change what I don't like. So if your on a budget plan what you want look at a few then buy, so many options out there.

Interesting post and here is another perspective. I know a guy who has multiple ARs that include Sig Sauer, STAG, Anderson, DPMS, Armalite, ATI/Omni, AERO/CMMG, Bushmaster, Wilson, Colt, Delton, Palmetto State Armory (PSA), PTAC, and Ruger. He shoots a lot, is a bit of a preppper, and is not a long distance shooter. He strongly believes a PSA will meet the function needs of at least 90% of the shooters. And also any AR is not the best for home defense. How's that for my first post?

Interesting post and here is another perspective. I know a guy who has multiple ARs that include Sig Sauer, STAG, Anderson, DPMS, Armalite, ATI/Omni, AERO/CMMG, Bushmaster, Wilson, Colt, Delton, Palmetto State Armory (PSA), PTAC, and Ruger. He shoots a lot, is a bit of a preppper, and is not a long distance shooter. He strongly believes a PSA will meet the function needs of at least 90% of the shooters. And also any AR is not the best for home defense. How's that for my first post?
Sounds like you smoked some soft cause that was some weak ****

Entry level: Ruger AR556
Best in the sub-$1K category: Colt LE6920, S&W M&P (not Sport models), or find a well-loved BCM ($100-$150 more and you can buy & bolt a complete lower and upper together and have a new complete rifle)

Then get ready to spend money on ammo, shoot it, and learn it inside and out.

Back
Top Bottom