Competition Pistol questions....

I'm just not a duck and cover shooter. The whole, failure to do right....completely an arbitrary call....things aren't called the same between shooters no matter what people say.

I tried watching an IDPA 3 gun match on YouTube and about fell asleep.

I'm just not a duck and cover shooter. The whole, failure to do right....completely an arbitrary call....things aren't called the same between shooters no matter what people say.

I have had this problem at matches where I was the "outside" guy if you know what I mean. The matches I attend regularly I don't have this problem as I shoot with the same people and SOs every time. .

Lets all shoot and have fun. No more bickering. :)

Definitely, any one who hasn't shot a pistol match of some type is really missing out.

Also it doesn't seem to get as much attention but steel challenge ( they do a really good match in Griffin,GA) is great fun. It's the equivalent of drag racing with a gun.

I have had this problem at matches where I was the "outside" guy if you know what I mean. The matches I attend regularly I don't have this problem as I shoot with the same people and SOs every time. .

But what if your SO doesn't call cover the same as someone else calls it? That's the thing about USPSA, break the 180 and get stopped, anything else and rock on. You are getting cover called on you but someone else isn't and you shoot the same points down but he is faster because he's not getting the cover calls... That just doesn't seem like equal playing field.

Para Ordinance P16-40 Limited. I shot one for years in competition. The only modification I ever had done to the gun was a good quality trigger job. I added mag extensions and turned the 16 round mags into 20 round mags. One in the gun and two in the pouches gives you 61 rounds of 40 S&W on hand. BOOM!

Here's one already set up to run on GB. Current bid is 655.00 for weapon, four mag (three with extensions) and an after market mag well. Good deal!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=328090331

Para Ordinance P16-40 Limited. I shot one for years in competition. The only modification I ever had done to the gun was a good quality trigger job. I added mag extensions and turned the 16 round mags into 20 round mags. One in the gun and two in the pouches gives you 61 rounds of 40 S&W on hand. BOOM!

Here's one already set up to run on GB. Current bid is 655.00 for weapon, four mag (three with extensions) and an after market mag well. Good deal!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=328090331

Thats a hell of a deal. I wish I had a GB account.

Back
Top Bottom