• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Competition Pistol questions....

deerslayer357

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
16   0
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am thinking about starting to shoot in some pistol competitions here and there for fun and for the practice. I have a .40 Sigma, but want to get another pistol for competition shooting due to the heavy trigger pull. I would like to get a 1911 in 10mm or .40, any recommendations?

I am also open to the possibility of a 1911 in .45acp, then purchasing an aftermarket barrel in .40 for it......

Thanks!

i shoot IDPA and run a M&P 9 right now. i was shooting a 1911 in 45acp with reloads but have decided to shoot in another classification.

Is there any reason your leaning towards .40 so hard. Just curious.

I am leaning towards another .40 mainly because I have a progressive press with all of the dies/shellplates/etc and didn't want to have to add another caliber for reloading components.

Thanks for the suggestions already guys, keep them coming!
If there is any reason that you guys would recommend some other caliber let me know!
Thanks

I am leaning towards another .40 mainly because I have a progressive press with all of the dies/shellplates/etc and didn't want to have to add another caliber for reloading components.

Thanks for the suggestions already guys, keep them coming!
If there is any reason that you guys would recommend some other caliber let me know!
Thanks

I shoot .45 because its cheap to reload( I use lead bullets) I'm shooting 9mm now because its cheap and much less recoil. If you have the stuff to load .40 then I personally would get a M&amp;P 40. The reason I say that is a .40cal 1911 is harder to find and extra mags are almost non existent for it.

You can do a LOT with Glocks! Long slide G35 or G22 would be good.....The G35 already comes with the lighter trigger connector and adjustable sites...worth the extra $$ if you are getting a comp gun...The G35 can usually be had for a little less than the more popular g34 (9mm) too...I shoot a lot of .40 as well and have a g35 and like it alot.

I would like to do some IDPA, but mostly would like to shoot in local bowling pin matches, etc. I am not all that familiar with USPSA matches.....

I don't expect to win anything, but like the rush of competition and think it will make me a better shooter over the long run.

Ok, personally if you are gonna shoot I Dont Practice Anymore I'd go 9mm. If you are going to shoot pins I'd pick 45.

Thats my choices.

Slow and heavy to knock pins around, light and quick to put holes in paper.

Ok, personally if you are gonna shoot I Dont Practice Anymore I'd go 9mm. If you are going to shoot pins I'd pick 45.

Thats my choices.

Slow and heavy to knock pins around, light and quick to put holes in paper.

WTF? What you got against IDPA man? How would you consider it not practicing when shooting IDPA?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom