• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

COLT MATCH TARGET LOWER RECEIVER

THE1WINSTON

Default rank <200 posts Supporter
Tracker
44   0
Reaction score
I recently purchased a real nice Colt Match target with Match target HBAR chromed. In the description it said: THE AUTOMATIC TRIGGER FEATURE HAS BEEN NUETERED SEE PHOTO OF HAMMER".
I have attached a pic. What exactly is this for in the picture?

1655470599655.png

Clinton era gun with what looks like large receiver hammer and trigger pins. Not much you can do other than mill off the protruding part to accept a normal bolt carrier. The blocks go down to the bottom and your rifle probably has a modified trigger arm to clear the block. There may also be a blind pin coming up from the bottom under the pistol grip.
I recently did the last 2 of mine very carefully so I could use a normal Colt bolt carrier. Not perfect since I did not have a mill but decent.

It really irks me when someone does things like this. Granted - I am not a machinist and don't have a mill so my abilities are limited.
This is what I did by hand. Not perfect but it allows for a normal bolt carrier group.

If I had a mill - I could take off the forward part and use a better trigger. But I don't so I just buffed the surfaces shinney. And with large pin Colts - options are almost none.
colt.jpg

It really irks me when someone does things like this. Granted - I am not a machinist and don't have a mill so my abilities are limited.
This is what I did by hand. Not perfect but it allows for a normal bolt carrier group.

If I had a mill - I could take off the forward part and use a better trigger. But I don't so I just buffed the surfaces shinney. And with large pin Colts - options are almost none.
View attachment 4412225

Cant you just run the large pin adapters and drop in a standard trigger?

Back
Top Bottom