• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

College students hack drone

Maybe, I'm missing something here....UT scientists hacked into a drone that they already owned? So, they hacked their own drone, that they programmed and knew exactly how it functioned? I'm not seeing the big deal...that's like saying I broke into my own car. :noidea:

Maybe, I'm missing something here....UT scientists hacked into a drone that they already owned? So, they hacked their own drone, that they programmed and knew exactly how it functioned? I'm not seeing the big deal...that's like saying I broke into my own car. :noidea:
They manipulated the gps signal.

if you wanted to see how hard it is to break into or hack something, you want to do so with something you own so as not to get in trouble with the law, the moral of this story is the drones are just machines running of wireless signals that can be hacked and used against the owner

Last edited:

Yup, you are

It wasn't their drone, they hacked an actual military drone to prove it could be done.

Back
Top Bottom