• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

College student (My step Daughter) keeps me from my M1A purchase

I graduated from there so maybe I'm biased lol

Tough decision (not mine actually) to have my son choose KSU. Good school, our first kid is wonderfully close by and IN STATE TUITION! He was accepted to Clemson (wife's school), OU (my school), Auburn, South Carolina, etc. OU offered him a big scholarship but would still have been much more than in state. We both wanted him to go to a bigger school but he chose KSU and is happy there.

I'm going to the beach twice this summer.................

Gentlemen. I have wanted an M1A for many years. Every time I get close to saving up the $$$$ to buy an M1A, It is time to buy something else for her education. A Mac computer, a car, help with tuition, etc. Damn. Just spent $750 for an ipad air to make her schooling easier. Maybe when I retire in 4 years, 7 months and 5 days I will finally buy my coveted M1A. She is a wonderful young lady that is attending Pensacola Christian College, but man, it is expensive......rant over.

It will be worth it, but is there a reason she can't get a job to help offset expenses? I worked throughout college, paid car, car insurance, gas, tuition for about half of it. I see a lot of teenager, early college kids that have to have the macbook when a windows laptop would more than suffice, 750 for an air? That must be the top of the top tier model. I know its your daughter but you can so No every now and then.

She didn't want to stay in state and take advantage of Hope?

I had a charter boat in Destin when my son went to collage, I told him to come fishing, he would make from $300 to $500 per day on the deck...8 months no days off (except storms) told him I would pay for a vocational school if he didn’t want to get a captains license some day,and take home around $ 130 per hour, he decided to go to collage for 4 years, and I didn’t pay a dime for it..lol..retired sold the boat and business and am living in Georgia completely debt free. Most collages today are just a way to brain wash our youth!
and you sir, just spoke the unvarnished truth about colleges....Actually the brain washing starts in grammar school

Back
Top Bottom